Sign in with
Your question

Core i5 2500k Onboard Virtu issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 133 U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 11:18:13 PM

My computer is not showing my core i5's integrated graphics and that is preventing me from using the Virtu technology. Does anyone know why this may be here is my current setup. I installed all the intel drivers. I'd like to be able to use Virtu because it as far as I understand it helps with rendering and I use Fraps alot so perhaps it works with this to.

Intel Core i5 2500k
Asrock Z68 EXTREME4 Gen 3
(2) EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX560Ti FPB
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4)
Samsung 830 256GB SSD (boot/game drive)
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB SATA II
LG 12x Super Multi Blue WH12LS38
CM Storm Sniper
Corsair AX850 PSU
Corsair Hydro H100
a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 11:40:30 PM

You need to make sure that the iGPU is enabled in the BIOS (since you have discreet GPU's, you probably never had a reason to have it enabled). For my Asus board, with a discreet GPU installed (single GTX 560 in my case), that means enabling iGPU Multi-Monitor, but I'm not sure what it would be for your board. Probably something similar though.

Edit: Just re-read that you installed the drivers (which you couldn't have done if it weren't enabled), so you DID have it enabled, I imagine. Hmmm, try downloading the newest version of Virtu to see how that goes.

Edit 2: Your CPU-Z validation shows it as working and installed correctly, so I assume you mean that Virtu isn't seeing iGPU.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 12:39:34 AM

bigshootr8 said:
I have downloaded the newest version of Virtu I get this error.

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/2532/69146181.png

and the validator i have for my cpu-z was prior to me installing my samsung 830 here is the new one

]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2351868.png

That's strange that it's not even showing your 560 Ti's now, but just to clarify, you DID get the HD Graphics driver installed with the new installation, correct? If that's not what you meant, let me know, but Virtu needs both the iGPU to be enabled AND the HD Graphics driver installed to install.
m
l
a c 133 U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 1:04:59 AM

yea oddly it started to work well virtu turned on but yea I still dont see my graphic cards showing up in cpu-z which has me a little worried and in gpu-z it doesnt show my 2500k's gpu
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 3:46:54 AM

Things just get weirder, lol. I don't really have any answers for you at this point, but maybe you should try to reinstall the drivers for everything (after uninstalling the ones that are there), and if that doesn't work, maybe a reinstall of Windows... That's a lot of work though, so I guess it's up to you whether or not it's worth it just to get everything reported correctly (assuming everything works like it's supposed to, regardless or incorrect reporting).
m
l
!