I have the following components in my PC:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
Processor: Inter Core i7 3770
RAM: 2x 4GB KingStone KVR1333
Graphics: Gigabyte HD6750 1GB DDR5
HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green
Case: CoolerMaster Silencio RC-450

Finally, my power supply is SilverStone 500W ST50F-ES

I was wondering, is this power supply enough for my desktop to function properly?!
Because I've been having some problems and I wonder whether the power supply is being too low.

Thank you

Solution
The only thing you can do is to test both PSU and motherborad.

Testing the PSU is a lot easier -- I´d recommend you to make the paper clip test, but is such a case it may not effective as the 12v rail seems to be OK. Perhaps your PSU is going to die. So try to power your system with a different PSU, perhaps from a friend?

medosoft

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

I'd be working on the computer and it would suddenly freeze, and i have to restart or give it a few minutes to restart automatically.
Sometimes it freezes at 0% CPU usage, so it is not a performance problem.
And after a while it would freeze as soon as I try to access the BIOS setup before the system startup.

Disconnecting some of the pc components' cables from the motherboard (such as DVD RW, case usb and audio ports cables) seem to help,
that's why I'm worried it is a power problem

medosoft

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

Thank you.
However, I doubt that it is a memory problem, because I used to have a 4GB of RAM only , then after the problem appeared I purchased another 4GB, and I tried the new one alone and both of them together with the same results.
So it is down to either the PSU or the MB
Any tips on how to find out which is the problem?!

jemm

Distinguished
The only thing you can do is to test both PSU and motherborad.

Testing the PSU is a lot easier -- I´d recommend you to make the paper clip test, but is such a case it may not effective as the 12v rail seems to be OK. Perhaps your PSU is going to die. So try to power your system with a different PSU, perhaps from a friend?

Solution

medosoft

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

Will do, and if the problem is still there that would be a motherboard problem, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.