Radeon HD 6670 on dell inspiron 570

Hi,

I recently purchase a xfx Radeon hd 6670 2GB card for a dell inspiron 570.

After done with the physical installation, I power up the machine but the monitor can't detect any signal from the card.

At first I thought it was a BIOS or connection issue, but after checking, the fan on the new card is spinning while power on, and the onboard video card is disabled, so at least the MB detected the new card. MB or the pci-e slot also doesn't seem faulty, as I put in an old HD 4550, and it works just fine.

The only thing I can think of will be the build-in PSU on the dell is 300w, while the system requirement on the card listed minimum 400w. But I have contacted dell before the purchase and specifically asked this, and their rep told me it will work and card manufacture often overrate that.

I will like some second opinion on this, anything I can do to check what may cause the issue?

ps. I was planning to upgrade the PSU, but there are a few plugs I don't recognize connect to the build-in PSU, so got a little bit hestiated.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about radeon 6670 dell inspiron
  1. Finally found the problem...it is not the psu, but the monitor.

This card doesn't support dvi to vga conversion, so using a convertor on Dell IN2010n(vga only) will not work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron HD Radeon Graphics