Sign in with
Your question

550ti no sound thorugh hdmi

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2012 1:19:25 AM

I have recently installed a 550ti and cannot get any sound to come out through the hdmi connection.

I have the correct audio device selected and according to the levels when playing music, it is getting a signal, but nothing comes out of my speakers.

Another odd problem is that when in the window choosing an output device, usually when you select a device as the new default, the "apply" button highlights in order to confirm the selection. In this case, it is not. Because of this, after choosing the correct device as the default, upon entering the window again, it has switched back to the speakers as default.

I also tried enabling all other output devices so the only option would be the nvidia hdmi output, but this still made no difference.

The only sound I have been successful in achieving is through the speaker output on the motherboard, but I do not have a convenient setup available to hook up my sound system this way.

One thing to note that this is going into an HDTV, though I doubt this should make any difference since this same exact card worked before on the same exact tv. Not to mention it seems that the problem is occurring through the software opposed to the connection.

PLEASE HELP! thanks!
May 1, 2012 1:25:19 AM

Have you installed and updated all drivers?
m
l
May 1, 2012 1:27:44 AM

yes, 296.10 to be exact
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2012 1:31:58 AM

and when you go to start>control panel>hardware and sound>sound. your card is selected as playback?

**nothings muted or anything like that right? not to insult you or anything but thats happend to me ha**
m
l
May 1, 2012 4:21:48 AM

rally187 said:
and when you go to start>control panel>hardware and sound>sound. your card is selected as playback?

**nothings muted or anything like that right? not to insult you or anything but thats happend to me ha**

no its cool. yes its selected but like i said since i can't "apply" it as the default, it immediately sets the default playback to "speakers". i have to disable all other playback options in order for it to select the correct my card. this still does not make a difference.
m
l
May 1, 2012 5:54:25 AM

hmm sorry im not being much help but... like you said it sounds software related. I would uninstall or atleast make sure all previous audio/video drivers are disabled. I had a problem when i installed my 550ti where the ati catalyst kept messing with my nvidia settitngs. then i would uninstall and reinstall all of my 550ti drivers.
m
l
May 1, 2012 1:49:58 PM

rally187 said:
hmm sorry im not being much help but... like you said it sounds software related. I would uninstall or atleast make sure all previous audio/video drivers are disabled. I had a problem when i installed my 550ti where the ati catalyst kept messing with my nvidia settitngs. then i would uninstall and reinstall all of my 550ti drivers.

its fine, any help is better than none. I have already done this as well. i'm at a total loss
m
l
!