what do you use to clean your computer?

tiger102

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
Hi, i want to clean my computer, but i don't want to spend money on canned dust blowers. I wanted to ask you guys if you know of a machine that has the same power as the canned dust blowers. I would like to hear of a vaccum that is specially designed for computers. I think vaccums are better than dust blowers, because they actually save time in that you don't have clean up since everything is sucked into a little box or bag. So if you guys know of any products or any links please do tell. Thank you.

There are small vacuums for electronic components Radio Shack used to carry them in their store but its probably an order item today, canned air is the safest method because a vacuum produces static electricity, which is not component friendly.

<A HREF="http://btvillarin.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=20385#p20385" target="_new"> My Puter </A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Get a small air tank and a mini compressor.

Or use pucker power to clean computers, like that d00d on "coneheads".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

the problem with normal shop air compressors is there is contaminants in the compressed air. usually oil but there can be other goodies in there too like water. I use the cans of freon or whatever that stuff is, but for a really nasty messes a little isopropyl alcohol and a brush with a little elbo grease will usually get it.

G

I'm sure using that coolant stuff in that way would make for an interesting sensation, especially if you turn the can upside down while spraying it.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Bathtub! Make sure the computer is running when you place it in the tub :eek:

ASUS P5WD2 Premium
Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz
XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz

<A HREF="http://valid.x86-secret.com/records.php?PHPSESSID=792e8f49d5d9b8a4d1ad6f40ca029756" target="_new">#2 CPUZ</A>
SuperPI 25secs

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Throw it in the back of the truck.
Go to a drive through car wash.
NO rotating brushes as it is very hard on the HSF.
Wax is good for insulating the wiring.
Spot free rinse is a must.
Air dry on the way home.

Works for me!

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile: