andY biersack

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
alright guys i need some advice.I already have the 6870 ,but i been getting some blue screens and display drivers has been recoverd and then it frezzes but now im sick of it . Ive switch several drivers ,but im not gonna try to fix it because i dont no much about computers. So this is how i see it

7850 pros- less power, can crossfire with my psu ,smaller, great overcloker ,better peformance the nvidia equivilant ,more memory

cons- *** drivers

560 ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162088

pros -hopefully good drivers, little less powerfull then 7850 but still good
cons- not 448 core cause only card with hdmi, 1gb, cant sli ,ugly ,

also i just found i cant rma because i threw all off my psu stuff so how much do you think i can sell this 6870 for

Solution
What do you have for a budget amount?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

The chart above will give you an idea of where cards fall in order of high to low, the 6870 is up there so to make an upgrade woth while you would have to go up at least two levels. If you went with a 560Ti , then that's only one level up but the 560Ti is a great card and you can pick up a 448 core model for between $200 and $250. Later on if you wanted to SLI you could get another and at the same time upgrade the psu.
The 7850 is two levels above the card you have now but then you will still be dealing with the AMD drivers.
I use Nvidia cards exclusively and have always had good success with thier drivers. Plus if there...

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hi andy are you sure you dont want to try and fix what you've got? The 6870 card is quite a good card. Did you have another card before your 6870, if not it could be your pc thats the problem not the graphics card which would mean buying a new one would do nothing.

If you still want to buy a new card then putting the driver thing aside i'd go with the 7850. Also if it is your 6870 that is the problem is it under warranty and if you crossfire it with a new card it will probobly still cause problems.

Could you please state your setup so we can get a better picture.

Joel

andY biersack

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

alright joel nah i dont want to it is a good card but i rather get a new one i already found someone to sell it to and also no i do not have a back up card ithis is my first computer

setup
i3 2120
saphhire 6870
corsair cx 600
gigabytye z68 d3h b3
corsair 8gb 2x4
rosewill gear x3 case with all fans in
seagate 500gb hdd

What do you have for a budget amount?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

The chart above will give you an idea of where cards fall in order of high to low, the 6870 is up there so to make an upgrade woth while you would have to go up at least two levels. If you went with a 560Ti , then that's only one level up but the 560Ti is a great card and you can pick up a 448 core model for between $200 and $250. Later on if you wanted to SLI you could get another and at the same time upgrade the psu.
The 7850 is two levels above the card you have now but then you will still be dealing with the AMD drivers.
I use Nvidia cards exclusively and have always had good success with thier drivers. Plus if there was a probimatic driver release all you had to do was roll back to the previous one and the issue went away.

Solution

andY biersack

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

alright thanks i think im for sure gonna go with the 7850 but if i get the same error im rma ing that card right away. also i googled 7850 display driver has been recoverd and only found 2 people with the problem so either not many people bought it or it wont have the problem nice setup by the way

TRENDING THREADS