Solved

Gigabyte Mobo Wont POST

Hey Guys,

After a lot of time wasted
i cannot get my PC POST

firstly i have nothing when i turn on my PSU - no lights - not even the clear cmos light

Mobo - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)
PSU - Seasonic 510W

I have replaced both parts above under warranty with brand new ones

I still cant get it to POST

Mistakes i can think of :

with the new board and PSU - i did not try switching the RAM ( i have 3x2G ram ) to white slots

I did not change the thermal paste - have the old paste still left on cpu cooler plate ( Noctua NHD14 ) and i just did not clean that completely ( thought i might leave it as i don't have fresh ones to put on - terrible right ?? )

i did not try taking the RAM altogether and turn on the PC

I dont see a point changing PSU - as mine is a brand new PSU i got

-- Can you guys think of anything else -- or am i totally missing something here ???
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte mobo wont post
  1. Best answer
    Are you sure the motherboard standoff's are installed correctly in the case?

If they're not all installed correctly they could be causing a short in the system which could present itself in this way.
  2. Thnx for the reply beefybish,

Yes ! loks like a short issue
    Its strange that it never occurred to me to remove the board from the case and see if its working

Wile i still have two potential causes

Yes i finally got it working

First i took it out of case and it the MoBo started fine ( could be short issue somewhere )
    Also i noticed that when im connecting the front panel usb slots to the board its not working

i took out the front panel usb's and replaced the standoffs in case and is working fine now
  3. Best answer selected by alluri.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gigabyte Systems