Wireless home phone to new receiver

hbake17

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Hi there i have a wireless home phone and an android Huawei S7 with the Indonesian 2.2.2 installed on it I'm wondering if it is at all possible to get the mobile to ring with the home phone it runs on 5.8 GHZ and isn't linked directly to the modem there are 2 phones on the home line a wired system near the wall point then two three meter cable run to the modem and wireless phone they are connected through a Telstra wall point it has a phone connection on to and a phone and modem connection on the side its comes off the wall on a 30cm cable if i cant get it to connect directly can i force the modem to pick up calls and transmit to the mobile through my wireless network

Thanking you in advance
Harley

hbake17

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
no its is a wifi 2.4 ghz based model with 3 handsets and compatibility for a hands free, it connects to the wall if it was VoIP my touch tab would already work as it can connect to the internet.

the 2.4ghz for the touch tab is wifi right? I don't think they will work even if you can convert the frequency of the wireless phone and the wifi to be the same because of the different protocol. So unless you can transmit the wireless phone's signal in 802.11, no it won't work, you will just cause interference in your wifi spectrum.

For the force modem to pick up POTS and transmit by wifi method, I don't know any method/think it possible to force POTS to be picked up by modem and retransmit by wifi. POTS simply pass through the modem.