Hiding the title bar

I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar of
some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the title
bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire window
tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I thought I
read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to combat spyware,
etc.

Thanks,
Rich
5 answers Last reply
More about hiding title

    rcoutts@comcast.net wrote:
    > I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar
    > of some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
    > shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the
    > title bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire
    > window tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I
    > thought I read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to combat
    > spyware, etc.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    I don't think the Print Screen function has been changed in XP SP2. Does the
    imaging program you are opening the screen capture with have a Crop funtion?
    This would be one way to remove the title bar. You could also resize the
    window, before the capture and simply move the window up until the title bar
    is not showing on the screen. You might also look at some screen capture
    utilities that allow you to select the exact portion of the screen that will
    be captured.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    I wasn't very clear in my original post. This is a continuous screen
    capture, like when demoing software. For reasons to long to get into,
    I don't want to show the title bar when capturing, even though the area
    of the bar will be within the portion of the screen being captured.

    <rcoutts@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I wasn't very clear in my original post. This is a continuous screen
    > capture, like when demoing software. For reasons to long to get into,
    > I don't want to show the title bar when capturing, even though the area
    > of the bar will be within the portion of the screen being captured.

    I see. This would probably require a very sophisticated application. What
    software are you using for the screen capture? I have used Camtasia Studio
    from Techsmith.com and it has a lot of editing capabilities, but I don't
    think this includes cropping the screen capture on the fly.

    If the text on the Title Bar is the problem, there may also be a way to edit
    this in the registry, depending on the application.

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Ronnie,
    Use the free screen capture program GADWIN PRINT SCREEN 2.6. It lets
    you capture any part or all the screen on to the clipboard. Just hit
    the printscreen button, select which part of the screen you want and
    it puts it on to the clipboard. You can then of course paste it to
    Word or wherever you want.
    TonySper

    "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
    rcoutts@comcast.net wrote:
    > I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar
    > of some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
    > shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the
    > title bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire
    > window tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I
    > thought I read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to
    > combat
    > spyware, etc.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    I don't think the Print Screen function has been changed in XP SP2.
    Does the
    imaging program you are opening the screen capture with have a Crop
    funtion?
    This would be one way to remove the title bar. You could also resize
    the
    window, before the capture and simply move the window up until the
    title bar
    is not showing on the screen. You might also look at some screen
    capture
    utilities that allow you to select the exact portion of the screen
    that will
    be captured.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Ronnie,
    I forgot to tell you where to get it. Its at
    http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/?prnscr
    TonySper

    rcoutts@comcast.net wrote:
    > I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar
    > of some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
    > shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the
    > title bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire
    > window tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I
    > thought I read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to
    > combat
    > spyware, etc.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    I don't think the Print Screen function has been changed in XP SP2.
    Does the
    imaging program you are opening the screen capture with have a Crop
    funtion?
    This would be one way to remove the title bar. You could also resize
    the
    window, before the capture and simply move the window up until the
    title bar
    is not showing on the screen. You might also look at some screen
    capture
    utilities that allow you to select the exact portion of the screen
    that will
    be captured.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon