Hiding the title bar

I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar of
some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the title
bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire window
tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I thought I
read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to combat spyware,
etc.

Thanks,
Rich

rcoutts@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar
> of some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
> shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the
> title bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire
> window tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I
> thought I read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to combat
> spyware, etc.
>

> Thanks,
> Rich

I don't think the Print Screen function has been changed in XP SP2. Does the
imaging program you are opening the screen capture with have a Crop funtion?
This would be one way to remove the title bar. You could also resize the
window, before the capture and simply move the window up until the title bar
is not showing on the screen. You might also look at some screen capture
utilities that allow you to select the exact portion of the screen that will
be captured.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

I wasn't very clear in my original post. This is a continuous screen
capture, like when demoing software. For reasons to long to get into,
I don't want to show the title bar when capturing, even though the area
of the bar will be within the portion of the screen being captured.

<rcoutts@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I wasn't very clear in my original post. This is a continuous screen
> capture, like when demoing software. For reasons to long to get into,
> I don't want to show the title bar when capturing, even though the area
> of the bar will be within the portion of the screen being captured.

I see. This would probably require a very sophisticated application. What
software are you using for the screen capture? I have used Camtasia Studio
from Techsmith.com and it has a lot of editing capabilities, but I don't
think this includes cropping the screen capture on the fly.

If the text on the Title Bar is the problem, there may also be a way to edit
this in the registry, depending on the application.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Ronnie,
Use the free screen capture program GADWIN PRINT SCREEN 2.6. It lets
you capture any part or all the screen on to the clipboard. Just hit
the printscreen button, select which part of the screen you want and
it puts it on to the clipboard. You can then of course paste it to
Word or wherever you want.
TonySper

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
rcoutts@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm doing some screen capturing and would like to hide the title bar
> of some app windows. I thought it would be simple enough to find a
> shareware app to do this, but none that I've found hides just the
> title bar. Most are hiding the whole window or making the entire
> window tranlucent. I'm running XP-SP2, which may be an issue -- I
> thought I read somewhere that XP now prevents this as a way to
> combat
> spyware, etc.
>

> Thanks,
> Rich

I don't think the Print Screen function has been changed in XP SP2.
Does the
imaging program you are opening the screen capture with have a Crop
funtion?
This would be one way to remove the title bar. You could also resize
the
window, before the capture and simply move the window up until the
title bar
is not showing on the screen. You might also look at some screen
capture
utilities that allow you to select the exact portion of the screen
that will
be captured.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

Ronnie,
I forgot to tell you where to get it. Its at
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/?prnscr
TonySper