Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How is my build?

Last response: in Systems
June 25, 2012 4:59:51 AM

I made this build on Cyberpower.com and im kind of a novice in computer technics but i know my way around them for the most part just not into detail. Anyway i made this build for specifically World of Warcraft (i might play other mmorpgs like Aion or Star Wars though and maybe some skyrim and stuff like that but not a lot of shooters on pc or anything like that maybe halo) and id like to know if it would be good for the game on max settings with a decent FPS (preferably above 40.. im used to about 5-10 on my laptop .. lol) please let me know if there are any bottlenecking issues, any bad ideas, anything bad really and i might overclock it in the future (if i even can with the build) so please tell me any issues i might have with that and thank you all for the help and time to reply in advance! any criticism and opinions are open anyway here it is thanks all again for the help!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Case: * Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case (Blue Color)

Noise Reduction Technology: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels
Power Supply Gasket
Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

Cooling Fan: please suggest? idk wether i should go liquid or air cooled to keep it the coolest

Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu MVP, TUF Thermal Armor, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, Display Port, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2) & 3x PCIe x1 (All Venom OC Certified)

Intel Smart Response Technology for Z77: 60GB Corsair Force Series SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 550MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write (Single Drive)

Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: 650 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-650M Gold Modular 80 Plus Power Supply

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Data Hard Drive: 60GB Corsair Force Series SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 550MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write (Single Drive)(this is a SSD for OS install for fast boots)

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)

Optical Drive: LG UH12LS28K 12X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIo

LCD Monitor: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre E246W-1080P (23.6" Viewable)(Black Color) LED Backlight, Built-in Speaker, DVI, HDMI Input

Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat

Extra Thermal Display: NZXT Sentry Mix Fan Controller w/ Six 50W Channels & Five LED Color Switches

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter

Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: ASUS RT-N53 802.11n Dual-Band 300Mbps Wireless Router

Flash Media Reader/Writer: All-in-One External USB 2.0 Card Reader/Writer (Black Color)

Video Camera: Creative Live! Cam Chat HD 720p w/ Noise-Canceling Microphone

Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Ultra Care Option: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit
Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation
Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System

(i removed all the stuff i had set to none and i will be unning a desktop off wifi i know its not ideal but i dont have he ability to have a modem or router in the room the computer will be in) http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1E9ANU will show you the build for the next 7 days

More about : build

Best solution

June 25, 2012 5:55:13 AM

Well, you know that by coming to this forum we are going to recommend you to buy the individual parts and build your computer, since it comes out much, much cheaper.

Anyway, the graphics card that you picked is good, but not top notch. Go with the GTX 670 for real performance for a good price. Also, I think you added too many bells and whistles, stuff that isn't really needed, but you can get if you insist on it.

This is what I would get in your situation:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.37 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($204.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($47.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse ($66.97 @ Newegg)
Other: Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter
Other: Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: ASUS RT-N53 802.11n Dual-Band 300Mbps Wireless Router
Other: Creative Live! Cam Chat HD 720p w/ Noise-Canceling Microphone
Other: Razer Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat
Other: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
Total: $1791.79
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

June 25, 2012 6:19:41 AM

i was planning on doing that i forgot to say that i just used cyberpower to help me build it and ty for the help but why not the sabertooth board? the temp sensor in it seems amazing
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2012 6:34:00 AM

and would you recommend the i5 2500k processor more? and how is my overclocking abilities with what you recommended and no bottlenecking issues?
m
l
June 25, 2012 8:45:29 AM

and just saying you get my hats off for the pcpartpicker site hands down best site ive been to and made a new comp build that i believe i could overclock in the future has a decent price and minus the bells and whistles TY so much and the GTX 670 card was a little much so i looked up benchmarks and got a great 570 for around 200 this is the new build so please comment on this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aMMZ
m
l
June 25, 2012 1:29:40 PM

How much was the build on CP? i highly doubt it was "much much cheaper" or cheaper at all since CP buys their components at supplier prices. but its obviously better to build yourself if you have the means.

m
l
June 25, 2012 1:35:28 PM

Get the i5-3570k processor, it' newer, supports PCIe 3.0 and USB 3.0. The i5-2500k overclocks better than the i5-3570k, but the 3570k is faster at stock speeds. The 2500k will only surpass the 3570k at really high overclocks.

I just picked the ASRock Motherboard because it's a great motherboard for a lower price, but if you really want the Sabertooth then go ahead. There are definitely no bottlenecking issues.

I don't think you should skimp on the GTX 670, even if youhave to drop other parts to keep it. It's by far the most important part of your build. The GTX 670 is miles ahead of the GTX 570. The 570 is basically only a little bit better than the 6950 that you picked originally.
m
l
June 26, 2012 6:21:42 PM

And don't buy all those peripherals on CP. go on newegg or amazon to get the speakers, mouse, monitor...etc. newegg runs promos weekly on that monitor.

And you don't need that Hard drive cooler. lose it.

Go with air cooling. water cooling is a fad. Thermaltake FRIO or EVO 212.
m
l
June 28, 2012 2:39:49 AM

Ironslice said:
Get the i5-3570k processor, it' newer, supports PCIe 3.0 and USB 3.0. The i5-2500k overclocks better than the i5-3570k, but the 3570k is faster at stock speeds. The 2500k will only surpass the 3570k at really high overclocks.

I just picked the ASRock Motherboard because it's a great motherboard for a lower price, but if you really want the Sabertooth then go ahead. There are definitely no bottlenecking issues.

I don't think you should skimp on the GTX 670, even if youhave to drop other parts to keep it. It's by far the most important part of your build. The GTX 670 is miles ahead of the GTX 570. The 570 is basically only a little bit better than the 6950 that you picked originally.

so basically what is usb 3.0 and pcie 3.0's advantages? and the 3570k's overclocking abilities? and i like the motherboard i did some research im keeping that and i dont necisarrily need super high end graphics card because like i said im used to wow and all the lowest settings at about 10 fps max so anything better really with high settings would be amazing to me this is my first build and i dont really wanna go to all out with it
m
l
June 28, 2012 3:20:46 AM

i keep reading up on 3570k's and im seeing they have crappy internal soldering and high high temps and are bad for overclocking would that be an issue with it if i got it with my current setup then? im air cooling the cpu now with the tuniq tower 120 extreme 90.7 CFM fluid dynamic bearing
m
l
June 28, 2012 4:15:36 AM

BTW im also making it a EVGA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB Video Card versus the 1.25GB one so doesnt that help? and how is my power supply situation? is is sufficient enough to handle a major/heavy overclock with the current setup and then some because i dont wanna come up short on that http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aMZx that is the current build ive fine tuned it to what advice you have given and my personal preferences and i do want to stay with that case
m
l
July 2, 2012 9:17:18 AM

Best answer selected by camo9741.
m
l
!