Sign in with
Your question

APU question

Last response: in CPUs
October 30, 2012 5:54:58 PM

I am about to buy an AMD A10-5800k, and I was wondering if I were to install a graphics card on the computer, would the APU and graphics card not be compatible. Or will the graphics part of the apu shut down when a graphics card is installed or they will work together to give me and even better video performance. Anyone have any info on this, also what socket slots will it fit into, I know if fits in FM2 but will it fit in an am3+?

More about : apu question

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
October 30, 2012 6:10:41 PM

If you were to install a discrete video card then the APU part will shut down and the discrete will be working. As far as I know the maximum you can crossfire that GPU with is a discrete HD 6670 to get the performance of a HD 7750-HD 7770. I also believe FM2 CPUs work only with FM2 boards.
October 30, 2012 6:34:10 PM

Thanks, I was planning on buying a video card for the computer when I make it. So are you saying I can buy a HD 6670 and use crossfire with the APU and get even better graphics?
Related resources
October 30, 2012 6:39:24 PM

Mysteryman2000 said:
Thanks, I was planning on buying a video card for the computer when I make it. So are you saying I can buy a HD 6670 and use crossfire with the APU and get even better graphics?

Yes.
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
October 30, 2012 6:48:12 PM

Just like kracker said, the answer is yes. Drop by if you need any more help, or send a private message to me and I will answer within the day.
October 30, 2012 7:05:08 PM

Thanks I think that is all I needed to know.
!