Finally i have made my decision

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
So after many converations on the forums on what parts i should get i finally have made a decision please tell me what you think and what would be nice is what game should i buy on steam first? thanks!

OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-60G Agility 3 60GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD
OCZ OCZ600MXSP-UK ModXStream Pro 600W ATX Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 Graphics Card(2GB GDDR5, PCI-E)
Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, Intel Z77 Express, USB 3.0, CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3)
Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Antec Three Hundred Midi Case
Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 LP Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Module Kit
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)

socialfox

Distinguished
Very nice build, clearly you have got help on the forums! All those parts are from top notch companies. I would say you should get Skyrim first, there are so many different ways to play it, it will take over 300+ hours to complete the entire game including side quests.

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

well yesterday i bought bf3 at game for 30 pounds i have been kicking myself since i saw bf3 premium edition for 23 pounds on origin :( but yeah skyrim is pretty good played 200 hrs on xbox and ps3 so i will definately be buying it butt do you think it will be on sale at christmas?

socialfox

Distinguished
There are christmas sales on steam and considering skyrim is still a new game to steam and that it is still developing with new DLCs there should be a good price cut. Stay tuned with the steam forums for an announcement for the christmas sale date. Also have you considered Left 4 Dead 1 and 2? Its a real good zombie shooter game and its on sale right now both games are bundled with 75% off! For only 7.49 usd you can get them both! Deal ends at the end of Halloween. ( I probably bet I sound like an advertiser for steam right now :p )

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2487/

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

right but the problem is that i don't have the pc yet if i buy the games on my acount which is Deathstalker1998 by the way will i be able to keep them on the account with out downloading them and then actually installing them on christmas day?

socialfox

Distinguished
Yes once you buy the games they will remain on your account, for all I know you can own 500 computers :p (exaggeration), you can download it off from your account again and again and again. Wipe your hard drive or lose your data? Same thing applies, download it for free from your account. Basically you pay for it once and download it for free forever.

Here is a FAQ from steam about buying games from them: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-wejc-2625#buyagain

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

awesome and at that price it's a steal just look at this price for l4d2 on xbox
http://www.game.co.uk/en/left-4-dead-2-39319?pageSize=20&searchTerm=left%204%20dead%202

one of the reasons im swapping im sick of paying so much for these console games i spent over 70 pounds on skyrim as i purchased it on ps3 and it was buggy as hell then i bought it on xbox slightly better but still bad. im sick of getting bent over by sony and microsoft .

socialfox

Distinguished
Haha amen to that! If I were a Ps3 owner I would be angry because Skyrim is pretty buggy for it and in addition none of the DLCs have arrived yet even though Xbox and PC got both of them already. I game on my PC all the time now, from where im from (Canada) its usually 59.99 or 69.99 for a brand new Xbox game or Ps3 game so yes they do rip us off.

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

do you ever watch total biscuit on youtube? if so you will know he used to work for game and they are probably almost money hungry and corrupt as activision.

socialfox

Distinguished
Haven't seen that youtube guy but either way I know for a fact companies overprice their games for the intent of profit which all businesses need to be successful. It's only when there is competition they start lowering prices, for instance the PS3 and Xbox have gotten many price drops so they could lure customers but there is a certain point they can lower prices of stuff to. At the end of the day, they need to sell their products for more than what it cost them to make it for a profit. The PC gaming market is quite competitive because there are so many games available for it and that one of the reasons that prices are low because games don't need to be optimized for a certain build but just in general.

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

It's a sad world but it happens all over unfortunately i only ever go there to sell games which i could probably get a bit more for on ebay.

socialfox

Distinguished
Have you ever tried buying used games on ebay? If there is a console exclusive game try buying used on ebay, I find it much cheaper and all the used games I have bought had scratch-less discs.

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

the only console game im buying is halo 4 and i won't be getting that untill febuary

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

now that my list is completed its time to convice my dad as my mother has said yes but he is on the fence and he is a hard to convice man

socialfox

Distinguished
Funny thing is that is probably the only xbox game im buying next year. Anyways I think we are straying a bit away from the original thread topic, if your thread question is satisfied let me know if not ask away. If you want to talk about video games feel free to send a PM to me.

- Socialfox :)

Deathstalker1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

i think that i got what i needed i got veritfication from you as to if my build was anygood any you provided useful info thanks!