Xbox 360 Primed for Thanksgiving - Developers have not yet..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 1, 2005 1:44:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/647/647185p1.html

US Retailers: Xbox 360 Primed for Thanksgiving
Retailer chains point to November 25 as hardware launch date in US.
by Douglass C. Perry
August 31, 2005 - Microsoft plans to launch the Xbox 360 as late as Friday,
November 25, the day after Thanksgiving, with software potentially hitting
shelves earlier that week, sources from three US retailers told IGN today.

The three retail chains, all of whom independently pointed to Friday,
November 25, as the hardware launch day, received email describing launch
data late Monday. Launch day games have been re-assigned from early November
to Monday, November 22, as potential first day ship dates. When contacted,
Microsoft would not confirm or deny the information. In previous official
announcements, Microsoft has said Xbox 360 will vaguely launch this fall.

Why the late date? Microsoft is hoping to give developers as much time as
possible to finish and polish their games while simultaneously shipping
their concave new box during the most active day in North America.
Additionally, independent sources have told IGN that final dev kits haven't
replaced the mid-summer beta kits, which has added to developers'
frustrations.

Game developers, analysts, and retailers have all been unofficially told by
Microsoft that November is the launch month, but even as late as today, when
IGN phoned a handful of teams, they were still uncertain of a concrete date.
Retailers, have thus far, provided shifting and often conflicting
information, but rarely do their dates or numbers match up as evenly as this
data.

Is that too late for Microsoft? Hardly. In the current generation, the PS2
was the earliest to launch on October 26, 2000, while Nintendo and Microsoft
launches their systems on Sunday November 18, and Thursday November 15,
respectively.

We'll have more on the Xbox 360 launch soon.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:46:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

No, it's Nov 4th

!