Is it possible to change Cd Drive names

Just wondered if it is possible to change my cd/dvd drive names
Pioneer,Sony etc rather than drive d:e: etcetera.

Ronnie
6 answers Last reply
More about change drive names

    Nope. What you see is what you get in this regard.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Ronnie" <ronnie@broraweb.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just wondered if it is possible to change my cd/dvd drive names
    > Pioneer,Sony etc rather than drive d:e: etcetera.
    >
    > Ronnie

    Ronnie,
    Although part of what he says is true, you can add a name in front of
    the drive like Sony D: or Pioneer D:
    Go to Start, Right Click My Computer, Click Manage, Click Disk
    Management, Right Click on the Disk you want to add name, Select
    properties and you can add a name to the drive.
    TonySper

    "Ronnie" <ronnie@broraweb.co.uk> wrote in message
    Just wondered if it is possible to change my cd/dvd drive names
    Pioneer,Sony etc rather than drive d:e: etcetera.

    Ronnie

    Hi Ronnie,

    Change CD/RW, DVD Names in Explorer (line 191)

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Ronnie" <ronnie@broraweb.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just wondered if it is possible to change my cd/dvd drive names
    > Pioneer,Sony etc rather than drive d:e: etcetera.
    >
    > Ronnie

    Ronnie,

    See DefaultLabel part in this article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/icon.asp

    Example:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\explorer.exe\Drives\H\DefaultLabel

    Set (default) to your preferred name. Where H is the CD-ROM drive-letter

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ronnie" <ronnie@broraweb.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just wondered if it is possible to change my cd/dvd drive names
    > Pioneer,Sony etc rather than drive d:e: etcetera.
    >
    > Ronnie

    Thank's for the help.
    Ronnie

    You're welcome, Ronnie.