Well, well, well ...

pat

Expert
<A HREF="http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5069/" target="_new">http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5069/</A>

Amd ships more than Intel..

(\__/)
<b>(</b>='.'=<b>)</b>
(")<b><font color=red>ώ</font color=red></b>(") This is my bunny.. got mumps from Ned!!!

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
IC3holes in the ground...

Mike

PS: Ok, that was a deep subject...

PPS: I repent - its Friday and I'm about to leave the office, so I'm slappy...

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
D@mn, I'm kinda of shocked. Didn't know AMD had the manufacturing capacilty to do that?

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X215)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
1 gig Corsair XMS PC3200
eVGA 6800GT
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win2K sp4

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
Damn Wusy,
Why exactly are you so down on Asus?? They make a pretty stable product, IMHO.

<font color=green> I doubt, therefore I might be. </font color=green>

endyen

Splendid
I would agree with you. Most of Asus's boards are pretty stable.
The question has to be, why the ... should I pay top dollar, to get a "pretty stable" board, when there are better products out there for less money?

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I'm a-wondering what Intel's response will be...

They could lower chipset costs to encourage more P4 systems maybe?

but then again:
AMD shipped 52% of all desktop processors in systems sold at the retail level.
Doesn't quite mean <i>all desktop processors</i>... does it.

I like the second comment underneath the article... Fugger's little brother perhaps? :evil:

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
|_____| This was bunny. He was tasty.
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

???

i paid like 140 for my asus motherboard ... that's top dollar? i bought the p4p800 deluxe when it first came out.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
And an equivalently fully-featured Abit IS7 board cost less but was a much better overclocker, due largely to higher-quality manufacturing (Voltage regulation largely)

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

The IS7 also if i remember right came out after the p4p800 deluxe did. You also did not mention the price of said product that you mentioned. I know for a fact that most boards with that chipset cost about the same if not 10 bucks more. the p4pC800 deluxe cost ~200 bucks but then again most motherboards with that chipset cost about the same. The asus p4p800 deluxe (which has PATA RAID AND SATA RAID) was 140.

are you sure you don't have them confused? You really don't put things in perspective.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xxsk8er101xx on 10/19/05 09:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I can't precisely remember when they were released in relation to each other.

But Asus have ALWAYS cost more than the equivalent from other manufacturers. They're viewed as a 'Premium' brand by the mass market, so they charge more, for what are 'ok' products. I'm not talking 2x the price, but still more. If the stuff was actually better (or even the same) quality, then who cares? But it's worse.

IS7 was better & cheaper than P4P800 (i865)
NF7 was better & cheaper than A7N8X (Nforce2)
etc.

Oh, and IC7 was better/Cheaper than P4C800 (i875).. so no, I'm not mixing those two up.

To be fair, I'm running from memory here, but I was keeping a fairly close eye on these things at the time. I'm not saying that Abit was available at exactly the same time, but that's not an excuse to <i>keep</i> prices high when competitors release superior products.

BTW, I don't hate Asus like Wusy does. I just prefer better value for money.

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
/\/\/\/\</pre><p><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ChipDeath on 10/19/05 03:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

endyen

Splendid
$140 was certainly top $ for an 865 chipset board. I believe the IS7 was realeased @ $120.. That's a 20% premium for an inferior board. Not that the Asus board was bad. For most people, it was great. It's just that some of us think they should have gone with better mosfets, amoung other things.
Dont get me wrong, I still build with Asus, and where the customer asks for Asus by name, I can be sure they will be getting a good, well supported product. OTOH, Asus has never really been the enthusiasts choice. They dont put the effort into that market, while Abit always has.

if you wanted a non-legacy motherboard which i had before and they suck. i did not like the max motherboards.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>