Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Benchmark Dx11 problem Asus Nvidia GTX 590

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 1, 2012 7:14:48 AM

Hi i am having a serious problem

i have got NVIDiA ASUS 590 GTX every time i start benchmark it loads perfectly and once it finishes loading it starts playing for less than a second then restart the pc by itself ?!

i dont know what is the problem ?

anyone any idea?
May 1, 2012 12:28:14 PM

kumoha said:
Hi i am having a serious problem

i have got NVIDiA ASUS 590 GTX every time i start benchmark it loads perfectly and once it finishes loading it starts playing for less than a second then restart the pc by itself ?!

i dont know what is the problem ?

anyone any idea?


Power supply...

System specs??
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
May 1, 2012 12:36:04 PM

I place my bets on the power supply as well.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 1, 2012 12:41:02 PM

Did you just get the 590?

The reason I ask is I bought a bad 5850 video card once that I found was bad because it caused that same issue immediately. Also, had issues with double POST-ing on startup. Realized I had none of these problems before putting the card in. Exchanged it at the store and everything worked fine after that.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 1:54:14 PM

Core i7 LGA 1156
Maximus 3 Formula
6 G ram
Asus Nvidia GTX 590
Thermaltake 850 W psu

yeah 590 i got it from my cousin

i am doubting it is the power supply too,but i am not sure
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 1:54:55 PM

note +
it is not overclocked nither the vga or the cpu
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 1:56:37 PM

note+

everything is working fine,

i tryed counter strike source too on high settings

when an explosion in the game happened pc restarted too but when i lowerd the setting a bit

everything went fine again
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 1, 2012 2:18:21 PM

An explosion shouldn't reboot the PC. It puts additional load on the GPU and might drop your framerate a bit, but a reboot is an indicator something is still wrong. You shouldn't have to lower any setting in CSS.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 2:30:57 PM

lol an explosion in the game it is about computer game counter strike when the enemy plants a bomb> as a CS i need to defuse it ( it is the game ) when the bomb exploded in the game the pc restarted i lowered the video settings everything went fine

m
0
l
May 1, 2012 2:31:55 PM

o i mis understood yeah , then whats the problem could be

what could be wrong !
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 1, 2012 2:39:25 PM

Two things seem to be the possibility and have already been mentioned.

When additional load is placed on your 590 (ie explosions), it reboots. When the video card has to deal with an additional load it requires more power.

I'm guessing you don't have an extra 590 laying around as a point of comparison, but do you have another power supply you can swap in? Either yours or your cousin's?

If it does the same thing with your cousin's PSU, it's probably a problem with the video card. If it does not, the problem is with your PSU.

Another thing...
You could have some bad connectors on your PSU. Have you tried other 8-pin connectors coming off the power supply?
If everything works fine with the other connectors, this is another indication of a problem with the power supply.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 2:41:26 PM

kumoha said:
o i mis understood yeah , then whats the problem could be

what could be wrong !


Power supply... constant reboots indicate PSU.

Which 850w Thermaltake? If it's a split 12v rail psu you may be overloading a rail.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
May 1, 2012 2:42:17 PM

Did you connect the 8 pin connectors from separate rails?
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 2:46:38 PM

yeah i have connected the 2X 8 pin connecters ( both comes directly from the power supply) unlike the 2X 6 pin connecters that are seperate from the power supply
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 3:18:38 PM

kumoha said:
yeah i have connected the 2X 8 pin connecters ( both comes directly from the power supply) unlike the 2X 6 pin connecters that are seperate from the power supply


Quote me if I'm wrong, but the 590 has 2 8pin and one 6pin right?

What Thermaltake is it? Toughpower? Black Widow? etc...?

If we know this then we'd be able to differentiate if the problem lies in the 12v rails or some other underlying problem.

m
0
l
May 1, 2012 3:28:41 PM

RussK1 said:
Quote me if I'm wrong, but the 590 has 2 8pin and one 6pin right?

What Thermaltake is it? Toughpower? Black Widow? etc...?

If we know this then we'd be able to differentiate if the problem lies in the 12v rails or some other underlying problem.


nope the 590 has 2 8pin only which = 16

my power supply is thermaltake 850 w tough power
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 3:32:14 PM

ubercake said:
Two things seem to be the possibility and have already been mentioned.

When additional load is placed on your 590 (ie explosions), it reboots. When the video card has to deal with an additional load it requires more power.

I'm guessing you don't have an extra 590 laying around as a point of comparison, but do you have another power supply you can swap in? Either yours or your cousin's?

If it does the same thing with your cousin's PSU, it's probably a problem with the video card. If it does not, the problem is with your PSU.

Another thing...
You could have some bad connectors on your PSU. Have you tried other 8-pin connectors coming off the power supply?
If everything works fine with the other connectors, this is another indication of a problem with the power supply.


aye i dont have another 590 and before taking the card from it was working perfectly i am sure there is nothing wrong with the card i assume it is the power supply cause i made a simple test as i have already test on counter strike and sadly i dont have another power supply :( 
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 3:41:39 PM

kumoha said:
aye i dont have another 590 and before taking the card from it was working perfectly i am sure there is nothing wrong with the card i assume it is the power supply cause i made a simple test as i have already test on counter strike and sadly i dont have another power supply :( 


The ToughPower is a really good psu with a single 12v rail, but this isn't to say it's not defective... try using the the separate 2 x 6+2 pin PCIe connectors and not the 8pin connectors that are hardwired and see if that makes a difference.

Just out of curiosity and since I never asked: are you getting blue screens with codes or just reboots? And what are the temperatures of the 590 since it's notoriously hot?
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 3:53:37 PM

i dont have 6+2 pin PCIe connectors

i only have 2 X 6 PCIE Connectors

and no it just reboots and how can i know the temperature of the 590 ?
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 6:09:14 PM

yeah it worked perfectly

gpu 1 min 32 c max 36 c
gpu 2 min 36 c max 36 c

but i couldnt find the voltage usage

and i tryed xs bench and gave me score of 1300 ? do you know what does it mean ?
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 6:23:20 PM

kumoha said:
and i tryed xs bench and gave me score of 1300 ? do you know what does it mean ?


It's a cpu score... unrelated.

Your bios should have voltage readings for 12v, 3.3v and 5v. Check there and post the readings.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 7:30:28 PM

kumoha said:
http://tinypic.com/r/30nklfk/6

i didnt know how to check the bio usage?
but i uploaded a picture
save the picture and zoom if it is not clear


I can't see the picture, it's really small. Restart the computer and keep hitting delete. Enter bios and look for HW monitor, info, system monitor, info, etc etc...
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 8:09:11 PM

I Found this

Voltage monitor

CPU Voltage 1.098 v

CPU PLL Voltage 1.799v

PCH Voltage 1.058v

IMC Voltage 1.124 v

DRAM 1.548 V

DRAM Termination Voltage 0.767

3.3v Voltage 3.376 V

5v Voltage 5.118

12 V Voltage 12.250

hope it helps

IN ADDITION i did heaven dx11 benchmark but i

disabled tesselation

switched of anisotropy and anti-alissing

and it worked, any suggestions ?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
May 2, 2012 5:18:47 AM

You shouldn't have to tweak settings for it to work. Basically you need to try it out in another computer with another power supply. If it works, then it's something in your PC. If you could borrow a power supply and try it in your PC - we could be sure it's not the power supply.

How many sticks of RAM do you have? When was the last time you reinstalled video drivers and windows?

If you have more than 1 stick, try playing with 1 at a time - I know bad RAM sticks can cause such troubles.

You could have corrupted video drivers too, and reinstalling them usually doesn't help. If you have a spare hard drive, I'd suggest trying install windows to it and check if the problem doesn't go away.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 11:20:03 AM

thanks for replay

before taking it from my cousin we benchmarked it and got a score of vga 1300 he got antec 1200w PSU and everything works fine

i have got 3 ram sticks and i installed windows and drive once i formatted the pc

i tryed playing 1 stick at a time, screen doesnt show up pc starts but screen is black
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:08:09 PM

Quote:
i have got 3 ram sticks and i installed windows and drive once i formatted the pc


1156 with 3 modules means you're running in single channel... should always run with 2 or 4. If you run two, they should be installed in either the red or black slots, not both unless running with 4 modules.

m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:22:43 PM

RussK1 said:
Quote:
i have got 3 ram sticks and i installed windows and drive once i formatted the pc


1156 with 3 modules means you're running in single channel... should always run with 2 or 4. If you run two, they should be installed in either the red or black slots, not both unless running with 4 modules.


are you saying that the problem could be from the ram ?
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:40:56 PM

kumoha said:
are you saying that the problem could be from the ram ?


Not likely, but the modules arrangement is incorrect. A 3 module arrangement works for X58 because it runs triple channel. 775, 1156 and 1155 run dual - so either 2x or 4x arrangements.

If you were getting BSOD the possibility of RAM would be likely but system reboots once load is put on the GPU highly indicates a bad PSU. It would help if you could borrow a PSU and test.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:59:57 PM

i am going to do a cpu test in an hour and would see what is the problem
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 6:15:09 PM

thanks all , problem is solved

problem was from psu

i bought corsair 1200 W as the psu 850 w thermaltake is not enough for the gtx 590 on maximum settings
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
May 2, 2012 6:17:51 PM

Glad to know you solved it! Good choice on Corsair.
m
0
l
!