PSU Wattage Help!?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Computers
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
October 30, 2012 10:38:03 PM

Im building my gaming computer soon and wanted to know what wattage PSU I should get. Im planning on getting two 7850's when I get enough money for the second one.

My specs:

I5 2500K
Radeon 7850 (1 for now)
8GB Corsair Vengence
AS Rock B75

Please give me a suggestion for a PSU and please try to keep it around $70 cause im on a pretty tight budget. :) 

More about : psu wattage

Best solution

October 30, 2012 10:55:45 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seasonic, antec, corsair are some reliable brands.

Those two psus will be enough for 2 7850s and an i5 2500k.
a b ) Power supply
October 30, 2012 10:56:00 PM

This corsair power supply will be enough for 1 radeon HD 7850 and the I5 2500k with the other things you have posted and quite a lot of watts left over for upgrades. However my concern is that based on your budget it will be a bit tricky not going past $70 dollars for a crossfire PSU.

Here is a power supply that will work for crossfire:
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 30, 2012 10:59:14 PM

Yeah I figured that would be a little too cheap :/  Ill go for the Seasonic, that is actualy the one I was going to get except it was the 520W version. But that was before I decided to go with a XFire configuration. Thanks for the help guys! :D 

Damn, I hate how hard it is for young people to get money. xD
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 30, 2012 11:05:31 PM

Your not alone, I'm 16 and barely making enough money to support my PC, it needs a new video card! Personally I am still saving up for a real gaming rig that's worth around $1500.
m
l
October 30, 2012 11:06:49 PM

Well im 12.. (Yeah I know, deal with the fact. xD) So its even harder when I cant get a job! :(  Iv been planning for a couple months now, cant wait to get all the parts and build my first computer! :D 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 30, 2012 11:10:54 PM

L0lzer said:
Well im 12.. (Yeah I know, deal with the fact. xD) So its even harder when I cant get a job! :(  Iv been planning for a couple months now, cant wait to get all the parts and build my first computer! :D 

Your parents aren't helping you out? My recommendation is try being the paper boy, in my area you make around $200-300 a month which is nothing to a part time job but is still something and is relatively easy to do.
m
l
October 30, 2012 11:16:18 PM

socialfox said:
Your parents aren't helping you out? My recommendation is try being the paper boy, in my area you make around $200-300 a month which is nothing to a part time job but is still something and is relatively easy to do.

Well my mom is trying to help the best she can but we arnt exactly the wealthiest people. Lmfao And for some reason there isn't a paper route in my town. Who's idea was that? xD Really my only source of real money is working with my dad during the summer. 2 years ago I made almost $500 working with him for about 2 or 3 weeks! But right as I wanted to build myself a computer school just HAD to start so iv got another year to wait. -_- So most of my gear will probably be outdated, but thats how life seems to work most of the time anyway.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 30, 2012 11:21:39 PM

I see that is unfortunate, remember to persevere even though when the odds are against you, in the end you will be rewarded either way. For you this may take a while but your time will come when you get your build.

If that is all I think you should pick a best answer, and that reward goes to Ichrisk since he persuaded you to go with the Seasonic Power Supply.

Good Luck,

- Socialfox :) 

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any other questions.
m
l
October 30, 2012 11:25:10 PM

Best answer selected by L0lzer.
m
l
October 30, 2012 11:25:20 PM

Thanks again to Socialfox and Ichrisk for helping me with my build and not being a douche like some people do to younger people. :) 
m
l
!