Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 460 vs GTX 560 SE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 1, 2012 7:57:27 AM

i want to know which graphics card is better. the GTX 460 or the GTX 560 SE. i'm asking this because i know that the 560 SE is weaker than the normal 560 (non ti)

More about : gtx 460 gtx 560

May 1, 2012 8:00:10 AM

GTX 560 considering the 460 aint some special edition
Related resources
May 1, 2012 8:20:22 AM

sunnk said:
gtx 560se is better then gtx 460 and yeah it is weaker then gtx 560 but not weaker then 460 so going with gtx 560 se iis not a bad move.:) 

http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeF...


Yeah i'm just asking since i saw the MSI GTX 560 SE for 120$ and the GTX 460 costs 180$ here. and it would certainly be a major upgrade from a geforce GT 240 1gb gddr5 which i currently have
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 8:24:38 AM

Lazar_99 said:
Yeah i'm just asking since i saw the MSI GTX 560 SE for 120$ and the GTX 460 costs 180$ here. and it would certainly be a major upgrade from a geforce GT 240 1gb gddr5 which i currently have



what gtx 460 cost $180 nah it will cost about 150.btw where do you live and gtx 560 se will be an major upgrade in my opinion it will give you a nice boost up.:) 

May 1, 2012 8:43:49 AM

sunnk said:
what gtx 460 cost $180 nah it will cost about 150.btw where do you live and gtx 560 se will be an major upgrade in my opinion it will give you a nice boost up.:) 


well i live in serbia and there are only a few GTX 460's in the whole country xD 1 is in my city but expensive. To be honest any card like the GTX 550ti, GTX460,GTS 450,GTX 560 SE... would be a major upgrade. Most AMD cards aswell like the 6770,6850,7770. but personally i would stick with nvidia since i never had an AMD gpu and i don't have enough money to risk it.
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 8:51:15 AM

Lazar_99 said:
well i live in serbia and there are only a few GTX 460's in the whole country xD 1 is in my city but expensive. To be honest any card like the GTX 550ti, GTX460,GTS 450,GTX 560 SE... would be a major upgrade. Most AMD cards aswell like the 6770,6850,7770. but personally i would stick with nvidia since i never had an AMD gpu and i don't have enough money to risk it.


stay with gtx 560se and get it if u r getting it in lower price about $50 then gtx 460 you will be happy with that gpu the gtx 560se performs well then gtx 460 in many cases so you wont be disappointed with that buy and newer amd ati gpu drivers are not that good and nvidia newer gpus has a good driver so going with that card will be an good upgrade from your gt 240.:) 

goodluck.:) 

sunnk:) 

May 1, 2012 9:15:32 AM

All the wrong advice that is given here makes me sick. First of all the GTX 560 SE is not faster than a GTX 460 v2 or GTX 460 256 bit. Yes, the futuremark score is higher, but does not represent real world performance. The gtx 560 SE is about 10 -15 % slower than a gtx 460 v2 in real world scenarios.

Second of all both Nvidia and AMD drivers are well done. I've had both Nvidia and AMD and I've never had problems with either (had 8500 gt, HD 4850, and now GTX 460)

Third the GTX 560 SE is a rebranded gtx 460 SE with a higher clock speed.

Now given the odd prices in Siberia I'd recommend you getting a hd 6850, yes it's AMD, but it's good.
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 9:34:50 AM

i said there that the gtx 560se performs better in many cases or some cases not better then gtx 460 the gtx 560se is giving the performance about the same as the gtx 550ti.the gtx 560 is gives good performance in cases such as including price in his country the gtx 460 is about $180 as he said and the gtx 560se is about $120 which is way less in price yeah i know that the gtx 460 beats that card in real world gaming but not at all things the gtx 560se is good priced card and it gives performance over price if he is getting the gtx 560se in $120 then it is the better deal then the gtx 460 for $180 the gtx 560se jus gives about 10% less performance then that card in my opinion and i have learned that from reviews and customers review for example newegg customers see at feed backs:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... there you will find that most of the customers are happy with that buy so going for an gtx 560se for less price would be an good thing.:) 
May 1, 2012 11:14:04 AM

Plasmid said:
All the wrong advice that is given here makes me sick. First of all the GTX 560 SE is not faster than a GTX 460 v2 or GTX 460 256 bit. Yes, the futuremark score is higher, but does not represent real world performance. The gtx 560 SE is about 10 -15 % slower than a gtx 460 v2 in real world scenarios.

Second of all both Nvidia and AMD drivers are well done. I've had both Nvidia and AMD and I've never had problems with either (had 8500 gt, HD 4850, and now GTX 460)

Third the GTX 560 SE is a rebranded gtx 460 SE with a higher clock speed.

Now given the odd prices in Siberia I'd recommend you getting a hd 6850, yes it's AMD, but it's good.


ah forget it :D  i just found a 3 day old Gainward GTX 560 Phantom for 125$. my friend bought it but he can't use it because he has a weak PSU so he wanted to sell it to me. I cannot believe my good fortune. but lets just say that i should first buy it and then celebrate because when opportunities like this present to me i first celebrate and then its gone. i guess god made me pay for it
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 12:24:47 PM

Case Closed
a c 84 U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 2:08:01 PM

Lazar_99 said:
ah forget it :D  i just found a 3 day old Gainward GTX 560 Phantom for 125$. my friend bought it but he can't use it because he has a weak PSU so he wanted to sell it to me. I cannot believe my good fortune. but lets just say that i should first buy it and then celebrate because when opportunities like this present to me i first celebrate and then its gone. i guess god made me pay for it


good find be happy with it.:) 
!