Closed

How to connet by PC sound out put (8channel) to HDTV via a 3.5mm o/l with out l

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2012 9:11:23 AM

Hi,

I have just built a HTPC using an ASUS F1A75-M LE A75 mother board and a AMD A6-3500 Triple-Core CPU. The O/I for sound is only a 3.5mm and the video is only VGA & DVI. How do I connect these to a HD TV without impacting the full HD video and 8 channel sound out puts? I want to avoid having to use additional Graphic card or sound card to keep it all simple if possible. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appriciated. In fact I also want to connect the sound to my amp to be able to use my external speaker.

More about : connet sound put 8channel hdtv 5mm

May 1, 2012 9:23:27 AM

So you have 8 channel speakers? Connect to them through the 3.5 mm, and the TV via DVI/hdmi adapter.
Score
May 24, 2012 5:04:03 AM

Hi Sunius,

My current set up is as follows :-

My HTPC (Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H motherboard, AMD A6-3500 Triple-Core 2.4GHz FM1 CPU APU with DirectX 11 Radeon HD6530D, 8 channel sound) is connect to my HD TV (Samsung) via a HDMI cable. The picture and sound is perfect. Only 2 speakers on my TV.

I want to connect by HTPC to my AMP (Technics with 5.1 surround) via the 3.5mm (green) socket. This way I was hoping to be able to listen to full DTS surrond sound when watching Blue Ray, HD DVDs or when listing to music.

For some reason I am unable to do this? Has anyone tried this or has any suggestions on how to make it work? It appears that both HDMI and 3.5mm cannot work together.
Score
May 24, 2012 5:04:17 AM

Hi Sunius,

My current set up is as follows :-

My HTPC (Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H motherboard, AMD A6-3500 Triple-Core 2.4GHz FM1 CPU APU with DirectX 11 Radeon HD6530D, 8 channel sound) is connect to my HD TV (Samsung) via a HDMI cable. The picture and sound is perfect.

I want to connect by HTPC to my AMP via the 3.5mm (green) socket. This way I can listen to full DTS surrond sound when watching Blue Ray, HD DVDs or when listing to music.

For some reason I am unable to do this? Ha sanyone tried this or has any suggestions? It appears that both HDMI and 3.5mm cannot work together.
Score

Best solution

May 24, 2012 1:03:34 PM

In Windows 7, you can only output via one audio device at a time.

One solution I used was to get a HDMI Switch which also separate the audio to S/PDIF Optical as well as analog audio. The connection went from my HDMI graphics card output to the switch and then from the switch, HDMI out to my HDTV and S/PDIF out to my Onkyo 5.1 receiver.

Since I didn't need the outputs to be simultaneous, I dropped that idea and went with a software solution called AutoHotKey. The program runs in the background and executes a script which, at the press of a "Hot-Key Combo" (like ALT+F12), automatically switches the active audio output. For more information on this, just google, "AutoHotKey Audio Switch".

-Wolf sends
May 25, 2012 12:07:58 AM

Wolfshadw said:

One solution I used was to get a HDMI Switch which also separate the audio to S/PDIF Optical as well as analog audio. The connection went from my HDMI graphics card output to the switch and then from the switch, HDMI out to my HDTV and S/PDIF out to my Onkyo 5.1 receiver.

Since I didn't need the outputs to be simultaneous, I dropped that idea and went with a software solution called AutoHotKey. The program runs in the background and executes a script which, at the press of a "Hot-Key Combo" (like ALT+F12), automatically switches the active audio output. For more information on this, just google, "AutoHotKey Audio Switch".

-Wolf sends

Hi Wolf,

Thanks!
I will try the HDMI switch. However some clarification on the connections, needed:-

1. HTPC to HDMI switch via HDMI cable
2. HDMI switch to TV via HDMI cable or is it a RCA audio/video cable or component or S video?
3. HDMI swithch to AMP via 3.5mm or RCA?

Does the TV and the AMP receive audio or only one of them?
Is the audio/video syncronised, between TV and Amp
Score
May 25, 2012 12:08:11 AM

Wolfshadw said:

-Wolf sends

Hi Wolf,

Thanks!
I will try the HDMI switch. However some clarification on the connections, needed:-

1. HTPC to HDMI switch via HDMI cable
2. HDMI switch to TV via HDMI cable or is it a RCA audio/video cable or component or S video?
3. HDMI swithch to AMP via 3.5mm or RCA?

Does the TV and the AMP receive audio or only one of them?
Is the audio/video syncronised, between TV and Amp
Score
May 25, 2012 1:31:58 AM

Dev_02,

1) HTPC to HDMI switch via HDMI cable.
2) HDMI switch to HDTV via HDMI cable.
3) HDMI switch to AMP via S/PDIF optical.

In the case of this switch you could go with S/PDIF optical/coaxial, 3.5mm or RCA.
Both receive audio.
Not sure about synchronization. Never had a need for both simultaneously.

-Wolf sends
Score
June 4, 2012 8:18:29 AM

Best answer selected by Dev_02.
Score
June 4, 2012 1:26:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!