250 $ Gaming Pc (Lowest-End)

Yanzir

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Hi everyone!
Im Yasir and i live in Karachi, Pakistan.
As of yet i havent decided any parts or what to actually purchase.. but with the heart-breaks i hav had with my LGA 775 P4 , i have become resigned to the idea of spending a pretty penny after i complete college in 2013, JULY.

If im violating any kind of Forum Procedures, kindly inform me. I do not wish to be a burden on your minds.
But what i would like to ask is some really insightful and trustworthy advice from the learned community here on what to buy next year, in July 2013.
Im looking for a Pc that will serve my gaming needs for ATLEAST the next two years ( i will probably replace the system by 2015 mid)

since i live in Pakistan, its fair to let u know the currency conversion.
1 USD ~ 94 Pakistan rupees (weak economy, i know :p )
My projected budget is around 250 $ , that is around 23,500 PKR (provided my father agrees to atleast this)

any part u might find too expensive, i will be able to replace it with a Second-Hand Version if possible.
Do remember, i am looking to run games at the LOWEST possible settings, so im a bit strapped for cash here :D
kindly suggest feasible options for me. but those, which can atleast run a game flawlessly (aka WITHOUT LAGS) on my rig

I eagerly and enthusiastically await your valuable advice.

Ironslice

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Since you're buying next year it's hard to recommend you anything. Technology changes so quickly and by next year the prices will be a whole lot different than they are now.

Yanzir

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Oh , i see.
one thing im curious, the parts released this year, will their prices go up or down next year?
If u have a definite answer, this may just help me out alot

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
As the others stated, its hard to recommend something for a year from now. All there really is for $250 is this DIY one from Newegg.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.956681
It will handle most games on low.

An alternative would be getting a used crappy computer, and upgrading it with more RAM and a discrete graphics card.

Shipping could be expensive from an american website though, watch for that.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

Should go down. For example. the Sandy Bridge i3's/i5's/i7s are cheaper than this years Ivy Bridge i3's/i5's/i7's. Obviously those are way out of your price range, some of them are like $400 alone.

Yanzir

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

Thanks for the pointer there.. :)
Gives me a bit of hope...
I hope i receive similar guidance next year when im ready.. :bounce:

Oh and im not gonna ship from U.S sites.. will probably check in with a
notable local vendor.. ;)