Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair psu question?

Last response: in Components
October 31, 2012 11:52:29 AM

Noob question below,

What the different in Gs,Tx,Hx,Ax corsair PSU?

What i know that Ax is the best but the price is a little bit expensive for me,

Does this 4 line support SLI? And what is the different with modular and non modular psu?

Or if there any other psu that u guys recomend for 750watt psu that support 2 way sli?

More about : corsair psu question

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 31, 2012 11:55:49 AM

Quality, features, efficiency. AX > HX > TX > GS > CX

HX and AX are modular. That means many of the cables can be removed from the PSU if you don't need them for your system. It means you get less clutter and less obstruction of airflow.
October 31, 2012 12:06:41 PM

The price of Ax and Hx around the same, but the Tx are abit cheaper, will be a good buy? What other brand that u recommend?

Does the Tx cheaper because it a non modular psu?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
October 31, 2012 1:05:35 PM

Yes, the TX PSUs are cheaper in large part because they aren't modular. They are still high-quality PSUs.

Along with Corsair, highly reliable PSU brands include Antec, Seasonic and XFX.
m
l
November 1, 2012 6:55:05 AM

After some youtube/google, i read that corsair psu is made by seasonic? Is it?
I think i will stick to Tx for budget wise

How do i know if i need to plug the 8pin cable that provide extra power to the cpu?

And the extra cable input for extra power to the gpu?
m
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
November 1, 2012 7:11:45 AM

The 8 pin is mandatory for MOST boards.

Depending on the GPU, that would be where the 6 pin connectors come in.
m
l
November 1, 2012 7:31:39 AM

I mean on the motherboard, not the gpu, like the top 8 pin for the cpu and beside the pcie input, molex or..... I dont remember the name
m
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
November 1, 2012 7:43:32 AM

Yes, that would be the 8 Pin CPU Power connector.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 1, 2012 10:57:22 AM

Ceee9 said:
After some youtube/google, i read that corsair psu is made by seasonic? Is it?

Some of their PSUs are made by Seasonic, others by CWT.

As for the 6-pin, do you mean where it plugs in? It goes into the graphics card itself. If the graphics card has 6-pin (or 8-pin) connector sockets, you need to plug in their corresponding power connectors.

Make sure you don't try to plug a 6+2 pin PCIe connector into the motherboard, or an 8-pin (EPS) CPU connector into the graphics card. They're keyed differently so they won't fit where they don't belong.
m
l
November 1, 2012 1:39:54 PM

I still dont understand that, but then why would they make the auxillary 6 pin for?

I also look at other video and they say the pin is to provide extra power to the card,
Does the 6 pin or 6+2 pin on the gpu itself cannot provide enough to power the card and how do i know if i need to use the 6 pin auxillary?

And plis take a look at the video at that minute.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 1, 2012 2:38:28 PM

Ceee9 said:
I still dont understand that, but then why would they make the auxillary 6 pin for?

I also look at other video and they say the pin is to provide extra power to the card,
Does the 6 pin or 6+2 pin on the gpu itself cannot provide enough to power the card and how do i know if i need to use the 6 pin auxillary?

And plis take a look at the video at that minute.

Huh. Okay, that's a bit weird. It looks like MSI decided that the regular motherboard power connectors weren't enough for their uber-overclocking board and decided to stick a PCIe 6-pin power connector on the motherboard itself. So that takes a 6-pin connector you'd usually plug into a graphics card.

Here's a video explaining a little more about that board. Around the 3 minute mark they discuss that 6-pin connector.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=u...
m
l
November 1, 2012 2:44:21 PM

Now i see a point amuffin not replying xD,i will take a look and reply later,
m
l
November 1, 2012 3:06:14 PM

Best answer selected by Ceee9.
m
l
November 1, 2012 3:15:31 PM

Ok i get it know, seems like not most users will need that, and i also get to see the post screen on that video, which i posted on other thread, that is very helpful,

Thank you very much.
m
l
!