Overclocking 3570k on z77

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
October 31, 2012 3:36:56 PM

I am going to be building a pc soon for gaming on the z77 platform with a 3570k. I am going to overclock moderately (for the first time ever for me) using a hyper 212 evo. I am not sure which motherboard would be best for light overclocking on a z77 (£70-85) that must be compatible with this ram :Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit and must be a reliable motherboard that is likley to not break down. Thx!

More about : overclocking 3570k z77

October 31, 2012 4:21:18 PM

Most all modern mobos are compatible with that RAM. I had a pc on Z75 chipset with a 3570K I sold recently that overclocked well. It was ASRock Z75 Pro3.

Currently I have an ASUS P8Z77-V with a 3770K and that is an awesome combination. ASUS makes the best MoBos IMO, I'd look for one of them if you want Z77 chipset.
a c 190 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a c 75 V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 4:36:10 PM

I would look at a board like the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 or the Intel® Desktop DZ77SL-50K. Both have a solid reputation and should allow you to get a mild overclock to around 4.3GHz with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo without much effort. The Intel board has a 3 year warranty and the ASRock is down for 2 years. Both should work well with the Intel Core™ i5-3570K.
a c 379 à CPUs
a c 140 K Overclocking
a c 283 V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 4:52:41 PM

The high priced enthusiast Z77 motherboards are designed for record level overclocks and for multi graphics cards.
You do not sound like you are in that category.

Any Z77 based motherboard should allow you an easy conservative OC in the 4.3 range.
All you do is gradually increase the multiplier from 34 to your desired level.
Leave all other voltage and ram specs on auro.
Test for stability with prime95.

As to brands, they are all ok. For trouble free operation, I would pick one that has been out a while.
There are always bios updates that come out to fix minor issues, and a mature board will have those updates already done.

To check for compatibility, go to the crucial web site, and access their ram configurator.
Enter your candidate motherboard, and verify that your ram kit is on the supported list.
That way, there will be no finger pointing if you should ever have some problem.
!