Sounds - how to edit list?

In Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices>Sounds there's a long list of
settings. Many of these are for programs which I uninstalled years
ago.
Q1: How can I remove these obsolete entries please?

Q2: Do these sounds get set automatically when programs are installed?

Q3: How can I assign sounds to other programs of my own choice?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Hi Terry,

Are you referring to the additional headings in "Program events:" list box?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Terry,
>
>Are you referring to the additional headings in "Program events:" list box?

Thanks Ramesh. Now sorted by deleting unwanted keys below
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps

I still had sounds for programs such as Copernic and NetMeeting that I
removed years ago. Obviously the uninstall procedure doesn't do a
thorough job.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

You're welcome Terry. Yes, that's the correct registry key.