Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
June 25, 2012 11:06:56 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime in the near future

Budget Range: $500 - $600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Video Editing/Processing, Gaming, programs like Blender

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, case

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Just as long as they all come from the same site. Oh, and I don't have a Micro Center near me.

Parts Preferences: I like the graphics card I chose and I don't want anything below a Quad-core.(This includes a dual core with hyperthreading)

Overclocking: Maybe in the future

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future

Monitor Resolution: 1366 x 768

Additional Comments: I don't want to hear all the stuff about AMD vs. Intel and NVidia vs. AMD. I know that Intel processors are better for the most part, but AMD processors can do what I want just as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two builds set up already, but I would like to pull down the price on either one of them. Please don't tell me to just scrap the AMD build just because it is AMD and uses an FX processor.

AMD Build

Intel Build

More about : 500 build

Anonymous
June 25, 2012 11:45:01 PM

Quote:
AMD processors can do what I want just as well.

you need to add "with overclocking" and then add a cpu cooler to the amd rig before you buy that one along with swapping out that PSU with the suggestion above.
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2012 11:55:52 PM

Thanks for the quick answers, I appreciate it alot. So, why do I need to change out the PSU?
m
l
Anonymous
June 26, 2012 12:00:36 AM

the antec and OCZ that are suggested are better quality when they have been reviewed; so good chance they will be more reliable and last longer,
m
l
June 26, 2012 12:03:44 AM

I'll take your advice on it and change it out, thanks again for helping me out so fast.
m
l
Anonymous
June 26, 2012 12:18:14 AM

you're welcome.
m
l
!