I Need A Graphic Card, And Need Help

RichardWoodard82

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I have been out of the loop for awhile now when it comes to HW upgrades. Don't really know what I am looking for.. BUT. I need a new Graphics Card, and I want one that's reasonably priced, and is a good product.

I have an Acer Aspire X1420G-U5832 Desktop Computer. I have two PCI-E X16 expansion ports for a Graphics Card, and I know that the card I have to buy has to be a "short form" or something like that to actually "fit" in my tower.

It currently runs NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE, which is integrated.

Need Help! What do I buy??

RichardWoodard82

Honorable
May 1, 2012

EDIT - It's referred to as a "Low Profile" card.. that's what I need. Just need to know what I "should" get.

bucknutty

Distinguished
depending on your budget there are alot of option.

I would go to newegg.com and look at the AMD 6450. They are around $40 they would be like 10x times as powerful as your current card, they use very little electricity and at that price many of them include the low pro back plate.

I put this exact card in my brothers low pro home theater PC. It works great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161376.

RichardWoodard82

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I do a lot of Product Building in Second Life; the online game, and I also want to be able to play StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 when it's released.

I don't have to run these games on Ultra; but I would enjoy "some" quality, and I am of the mindset that "anything" right now would be better than what I have.

And yes, that is correct, I am dealing with a 220W power supply, and I know that might hinder me somewhat, but I'm also willing to update that as well if need be. Just not sure I'd need to upgrade the PSU if I was dealing with a Low Profile Card.