Sign in with
Your question

I Need A Graphic Card, And Need Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2012 8:33:49 PM

I have been out of the loop for awhile now when it comes to HW upgrades. Don't really know what I am looking for.. BUT. I need a new Graphics Card, and I want one that's reasonably priced, and is a good product.

I have an Acer Aspire X1420G-U5832 Desktop Computer. I have two PCI-E X16 expansion ports for a Graphics Card, and I know that the card I have to buy has to be a "short form" or something like that to actually "fit" in my tower.

It currently runs NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE, which is integrated.

Need Help! What do I buy??

More about : graphic card

May 1, 2012 8:38:37 PM

RichardWoodard82 said:
I have been out of the loop for awhile now when it comes to HW upgrades. Don't really know what I am looking for.. BUT. I need a new Graphics Card, and I want one that's reasonably priced, and is a good product.

I have an Acer Aspire X1420G-U5832 Desktop Computer. I have two PCI-E X16 expansion ports for a Graphics Card, and I know that the card I have to buy has to be a "short form" or something like that to actually "fit" in my tower.

It currently runs NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE, which is integrated.

Need Help! What do I buy??

EDIT - It's referred to as a "Low Profile" card.. that's what I need. Just need to know what I "should" get.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 8:55:07 PM

depending on your budget there are alot of option.

I would go to newegg.com and look at the AMD 6450. They are around $40 they would be like 10x times as powerful as your current card, they use very little electricity and at that price many of them include the low pro back plate.

I put this exact card in my brothers low pro home theater PC. It works great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 9:12:40 PM

Im running a 430 GT in my NES mini PCs that I build running off an internal 80w power supply. Im sure 220w could handle that card. But may want to look into that more as it doesnt say what minimum PSU is needed for the card I posted.
m
l
May 1, 2012 9:58:19 PM

I do a lot of Product Building in Second Life; the online game, and I also want to be able to play StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 when it's released.

I don't have to run these games on Ultra; but I would enjoy "some" quality, and I am of the mindset that "anything" right now would be better than what I have.

And yes, that is correct, I am dealing with a 220W power supply, and I know that might hinder me somewhat, but I'm also willing to update that as well if need be. Just not sure I'd need to upgrade the PSU if I was dealing with a Low Profile Card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 1, 2012 11:38:36 PM

If your gaming the 6670 might be better.
m
l
!