[SOLVED]Will my PC handle the 7750?

Solution
You wont have a problem on either score.
The card will take all its power requirements from the motherboard.
It will be game dependant but in most cases the GPU will run out of performance long before the CPU does.

Mactronix :)

bucknutty

Distinguished
The 7750 is a 55 watt part. It does not have an extra power adapter. It should be ok with that 250 watt PSU.

As far as performance goes that depends on the program. Some games need more cpu some need more gpu, some can balance in the middle.

I think in most games you will have no problem on medium highish settings getting good frames. Something like MW2 or MW3 will run both that CPU and That GPU at like 90-100% while playing.

kulz

Honorable
May 1, 2012

EDIT: mine is 300w sorry i got the wrong picture
Here's the right one: http://www.txcesssurplus.com/catalog/13691-dell-C411H-psu-label.jpg
As for gaming my current 9500gt can handle skyrim, MW2, and MW3 at medium setting at 800x600 with 40ish FPS will this add the boost to it?

kulz

Honorable
May 1, 2012

Alright thanks :)

I think that with that procesor running at 2.8ghz might be ok but I would certianly try to get it up over 3.0 ghz so as not to have any bottleneck. You can try the system as is when you get the card and then if need be do a little overclock on the cpu. The 7750 is the lowest of the new card releases fro AMD and by not having the extra power connectors neans that it won't be that powerful that it will overpower your system.

kulz

Honorable
May 1, 2012

Unfortunately for me DELL locks down their CPU so I can't OC it :(

kulz

Honorable
May 1, 2012

I don't think DELL motherboards are capable of doing any of that. ATM I don't have a job yet (I'm still a high school student), when I do, I'll build another rig.

rishabhnair313

Honorable
May 2, 2012
buddy get the gigabyte 7750 its better and 10% factorry overclocked and for ocing no need to oc but if you really want to there are ways search for it (but i dont recomend it ) u can remover there bios lock from your mobo

kulz

Honorable
May 1, 2012

well what I'm looking for is a card that won't attract dust and the ASUS one has it :)