Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

[SOLVED]Will my PC handle the 7750?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 1, 2012 8:37:59 PM

Hi, I'm currently looking at the ASUS HD7750. After awhile researching, it turns out that most 300w PSU can handle it. My question is that will my old DELL Inspiron 530 support it? Here is my PSU: https://www.redplanettrading.com/images/D/xw605_serial_...
Another question is that how much will my Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 throttle it? I don't have much money to invest on a new machine.

Best Regard

More about : solved handle 7750

May 1, 2012 8:46:46 PM

The 7750 is a 55 watt part. It does not have an extra power adapter. It should be ok with that 250 watt PSU.

As far as performance goes that depends on the program. Some games need more cpu some need more gpu, some can balance in the middle.

I think in most games you will have no problem on medium highish settings getting good frames. Something like MW2 or MW3 will run both that CPU and That GPU at like 90-100% while playing.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 8:50:06 PM

bucknutty said:
The 7750 is a 55 watt part. It does not have an extra power adapter. It should be ok with that 250 watt PSU.

As far as performance goes that depends on the program. Some games need more cpu some need more gpu, some can balance in the middle.

I think in most games you will have no problem on medium highish settings getting good frames. Something like MW2 or MW3 will run both that CPU and That GPU at like 90-100% while playing.

EDIT: mine is 300w sorry i got the wrong picture
Here's the right one: http://www.txcesssurplus.com/catalog/13691-dell-C411H-p...
As for gaming my current 9500gt can handle skyrim, MW2, and MW3 at medium setting at 800x600 with 40ish FPS will this add the boost to it?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 1, 2012 8:55:06 PM

You wont have a problem on either score.
The card will take all its power requirements from the motherboard.
It will be game dependant but in most cases the GPU will run out of performance long before the CPU does.

Mactronix :) 
Share
May 1, 2012 8:58:30 PM

mactronix said:
You wont have a problem on either score.
The card will take all its power requirements from the motherboard.
It will be game dependant but in most cases the GPU will run out of performance long before the CPU does.

Mactronix :) 

Alright thanks :) 
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 8:59:59 PM

I think that with that procesor running at 2.8ghz might be ok but I would certianly try to get it up over 3.0 ghz so as not to have any bottleneck. You can try the system as is when you get the card and then if need be do a little overclock on the cpu. The 7750 is the lowest of the new card releases fro AMD and by not having the extra power connectors neans that it won't be that powerful that it will overpower your system.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 9:00:03 PM

1 more question
ASUS has two models 1 is normal and the other is V2
What's the difference between those 2?
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 9:01:19 PM

inzone said:
I think that with that procesor running at 2.8ghz might be ok but I would certianly try to get it up over 3.0 ghz so as not to have any bottleneck. You can try the system as is when you get the card and then if need be do a little overclock on the cpu. The 7750 is the lowest of the new card releases fro AMD and by not having the extra power connectors neans that it won't be that powerful that it will overpower your system.

Unfortunately for me DELL locks down their CPU so I can't OC it :( 
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 9:16:09 PM

kulz said:
Unfortunately for me DELL locks down their CPU so I can't OC it :( 



I wonder if you can adjust the FSB a little.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 9:22:59 PM

you should be okay with the 7750 and your computer. ive had a friend run a 5670 on a 250 watts psu on a dell xps.

as for bottlenecking you should be just fine.
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 9:24:39 PM

inzone said:
I wonder if you can adjust the FSB a little.

I don't think DELL motherboards are capable of doing any of that. ATM I don't have a job yet (I'm still a high school student), when I do, I'll build another rig.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 1:52:50 PM

buddy get the gigabyte 7750 its better and 10% factorry overclocked and for ocing no need to oc but if you really want to there are ways search for it (but i dont recomend it ) u can remover there bios lock from your mobo
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 6:12:01 PM

rishabhnair313 said:
buddy get the gigabyte 7750 its better and 10% factorry overclocked and for ocing no need to oc but if you really want to there are ways search for it (but i dont recomend it ) u can remover there bios lock from your mobo

well what I'm looking for is a card that won't attract dust and the ASUS one has it :) 
m
0
l
May 12, 2012 5:59:53 PM

Best answer selected by kulz.
m
0
l
!