Sign in with
Your question

What is the temperature the cores of an intel core2 q6600 should be at when idil

Last response: in CPUs
October 31, 2012 8:05:32 PM

ok so, coretemp says that my cpu which for some reason is being forced to run at 2.13Ghz instead of 2.4GHz is at anywhere from 35-45C when idiling is there a problem with my processor? also i should mention that im using the default cooling. and when i tired to bring up the clock to 2.4GHz the cpu became unstable and i got a blue screen any help with this please?
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
October 31, 2012 8:46:03 PM

The temperatures aren't bad but the instability at the rated clock speed of the CPU is troubling. You may not have another compatible CPU to test with but perhaps a computer repair shop could test that with a different CPU or test that CPU on a different board.
m
l
a c 109 à CPUs
October 31, 2012 9:02:47 PM

Overclocking on the stock cooler thus causing overheating may be one of the issues for the reason why you got the blue screen. Other issues may relate to insufficient voltage :)  I would hold off overclocking until you get a new cooler.

However, as ShizTech has stated, your temperatures are in the norm. They're a little on the warm side, but that's expected of a stock CPU cooler. You could always try reapplying the thermal paste if you feel it could get better.
m
l
Related resources
November 7, 2012 9:30:17 PM

SchizTech said:
The temperatures aren't bad but the instability at the rated clock speed of the CPU is troubling. You may not have another compatible CPU to test with but perhaps a computer repair shop could test that with a different CPU or test that CPU on a different board.

The Asus website (asus made my motherboard) says that it is compadible with my processor. so the voltage is probably why then.
m
l
November 7, 2012 9:32:43 PM

mocchan said:
Overclocking on the stock cooler thus causing overheating may be one of the issues for the reason why you got the blue screen. Other issues may relate to insufficient voltage :)  I would hold off overclocking until you get a new cooler.

However, as ShizTech has stated, your temperatures are in the norm. They're a little on the warm side, but that's expected of a stock CPU cooler. You could always try reapplying the thermal paste if you feel it could get better.

The thing is im not overclocking it is currently underclocked at 2.1 it SHOULD be at 2.4. (2.4 is the standard speed for it) but at the standard speed when i brought it back from 2.1 to 2.4 it bluescreend me. so im foreced to run at 2.1
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 8, 2012 8:32:08 AM

Max 51'C @ 3.0GHz with lowest speed fan :) 
m
l
!