Sign in with
Your question

Very Weird, Idle and full load stays almost the same temperature

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 31, 2012 9:17:03 PM

So, I have a AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition. KEEP in mind that this is all with the STOCK COOLER (which many of you know isn't that good and is loud as hell ^ ^)
Well, to the point. I'm just playing around in AMD OVERDRIVE and CPU-Z. And I don't understand how it all works. I've been doing some tests to check the temperatures of the CPU, as it's one of the most important things to know when toying around with overclocking and such. I'm relatively new to all this, but basically what I don't understand is how it all works. As I've read, I increase the multiplier to x18. Which sets all of my core speeds to 3600. (from 3,4). I press the green button in the top right screen to do the full performance thingy. Now the voltage increases as well by a tiny bit, and so does the temperature... but only about ~5 degrees. I mean, idle i stay 25-30 celsius. And I even try to overclock it to 3,8, still goes up only about 38C or something. I mean I wait at least 10 mins in between, from what I've read it should go up to like 50C! What's the catch? Sure, it's winter here so the room is relatively cold around 19-20 degrees celcius, But even when playing games which require a lot of cpu power, like Skyrmi, the temperature doesn't go up that much. Is it just that simple or are the readings somehow incorrect?
a b à CPUs
October 31, 2012 10:40:16 PM

Hi :) 

The standard cooler on an AMD Quad is perfectly fine and not even particularly noisy....

You only need to change it IF you overclock.... and then you normally get an EVEN louder one...lol

All the best Brett :) 
!