How to change dos window size

Hi

I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full screen mode. i
have already change its properties to start in normal window but in vain. is
there any way to change that setting.

regards
Terence

"shortcut"|Properties|Layout

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"mtzo81" wrote:
| Hi
|
| I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full screen mode.
| have already change its properties to start in normal window but in vain.
is
| there any way to change that setting.
|
| regards
| Terence

You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing. Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message news:upDrdLEGFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "shortcut"|Properties|Layout
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "mtzo81" wrote:
> | Hi
> |
> | I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full screen mode.
> | have already change its properties to start in normal window but in vain.
> is
> | there any way to change that setting.
> |
> | regards
> | Terence

Simmer down David. I don't deserve an ass rippin' from you!

--

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There
is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing.
Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is
worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed
in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or
cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

Don't be scared, I'm not into fisting.

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message news:uNRowjEGFHA.1396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Simmer down David. I don't deserve an ass rippin' from you!
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There
> is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing.
> Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is
> worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed
> in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or
> cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

null

David Candy wrote:
> You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing. Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

Then instead of being rude, why didn't you ask him for the specific
details that you need.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

Because I expect them to do that when they first post. As they post via a web interface most of them it's MS job to get them posting right.

The exact text of any error message and what was tried that caused it to appear.

The steps taken to demostrate the "issue" for non error type things.

This is so basic.

"null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message news:Of5O25OGFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> David Candy wrote:
>> You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing. Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.
>>

> Then instead of being rude, why didn't you ask him for the specific
> details that you need.
>
> --
> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
> data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
> PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
> liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
> posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
> of this message.

David,

Basic as it may be to you, one must learn to craw before they walk. At least
the OP found a way to seek help and that's a start. Over time everyone will
learn just as you and I what to post and how to do it. Your answer was truly
uncalled for and you are much better than that. If you can't make out what
the poster is asking then send them here http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Talking down to someone will not help them solve their problem nor will it
ever help them learn.

All the best,
--
George Aker aka SG