Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire RMA troubles

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2012 11:58:40 PM

So I recently sent in my Sapphire 6970 for an RMA cause it was having 2d artifact issues and had to pay for shipping + $15 RMA fee. I just got an email today stating they cant RMA it cause of physical damage and stating that they were gunna use the $15 RMA fee to pay for shipping to it can get shipped back to me. Considering it cost me $10 to ship it they get to keep $5 for nothing. On top of that they sent me pictures of my card but the fan shell was cracked and broken and the heat sink looked like it was smashed with a hammer. When I shipped the card it was in perfect condition physically and now they're telling me this... What should I do? Should I call customer support and complain? I have pictures of the card right before I shipped it and it was wrapped in static bubble wrap.

More about : sapphire rma troubles

May 2, 2012 12:05:48 AM

2636553,1,1163672 said:
So I recently sent in my Sapphire 6970 for an RMA cause it was having 2d artifact issues and had to pay for shipping + $15 RMA fee. I just got an email today stating they cant RMA it cause of physical damage and stating that they were gunna use the $15 RMA fee to pay for shipping to it can get shipped back to me. Considering it cost me $10 to ship it they get to keep $5 for nothing. On top of that they sent me pictures of my card but the fan shell was cracked and broken and the heat sink looked like it was smashed with a hammer. When I shipped the card it was in perfect condition physically and now they're telling me this... What should I do? Should I call customer support and complain? I have pictures of the card right before I shipped it and it was wrapped in static bubble wrap.[/quotemsg

Sounds like it could be damage from shipping. Did you insure it through the carrier? if so you could try and bring it up with them. After all that is what the insurance is for.
m
l
May 2, 2012 12:06:10 AM

Call customer support and complain, bring it up to them that you sent the card in perfect condition (minus the reason for RMA of course) and that you shipped it securely. They might have you take it up with whoever you shipped it with though. Try Sapphire first, then if necessary your carrier.
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 12:06:34 AM

Offer to e-mail them the picture to their support section and tell the call center you are calling that you'll either: never go away until they man up to their service by constantly calling their call centers over and over again OR keep asking for a supervisor that will listen and see the actual picture of your RMA'ed card.

Persistence, information, and that picture of yours is your best weapon against this nonsense. Also, a threat from a lawyer doesn't hurt if they keep shutting you down after several calls.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 12:11:00 AM

You should call ASAP. Offer to show them the pictures. Shipping damage is a legitimate excuse.
m
l
May 2, 2012 12:23:15 AM

Just got a email back from them stating that I should file a claim with USPS.... I asked him what the condition of the shipping box was and he said it was in good condition which makes it hard to explain how the card was damaged during shipment. I have a feeling who ever handled my card dropped it and is just saying it came that way because thats what it looks like happened.
m
l
May 2, 2012 12:23:21 AM

Sometimes I wish these companies had more incentive to give good customer support. You think they would try to resolve the issue before sending the card back. I have a sapphire card too and will be keeping customer service in mind when I buy my next card. Similarly, my logitech mouse stopped working a year after I obtained it and they shipped me a new one the day I asked. I hope your issue is resolved quickly, as you have sufficient evidence to prove you are right.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 12:48:44 AM

Unfortunately manufacturers get RMAs all the time from user damarge or ignorance. They can't eat all the costs everytime. I wouldn't take it back either. Never ever be a tight wad and ship an expensive item without insurance. Lesson learned. For $ 10 you obviously didn't have it insured, so you are SOL. They charged $15 because they new shipping with insurance would be $15.
m
l
May 2, 2012 12:52:22 AM

FYI it did come insured thats why I filed a claim and they should be resposible if the card is damaged when its in their hands. The box wasnt damaged as stated by the RMA representative and the item was well packaged. I have pictures right before i shipped the item in perfect physical condition
m
l
May 2, 2012 1:56:47 AM

daship said:
Unfortunately manufacturers get RMAs all the time from user damarge or ignorance. They can't eat all the costs everytime. I wouldn't take it back either. Never ever be a tight wad and ship an expensive item without insurance. Lesson learned. For $ 10 you obviously didn't have it insured, so you are SOL. They charged $15 because they new shipping with insurance would be $15.

Yeah damaged a new monitor a few years back and could not RMA it because I would feel bad about it. I do get the costs involved in the process but on a individual product basis, it would be fine for the company to fix them, even if from user stupidity. If its only one item then why not bite the bullet to get much happier (more $) customers.
m
l
!