Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LED VS LED Backlit same thing or different

Last response: in Systems
June 26, 2012 2:55:37 AM

Like the title says i am having trouble understanding if these are the same or if there is a major difference. The root of my problem comes from trying to decide if i want to use 2 24" 1080p ASUS VS248H-P monitors that are LED backlight or 2 Toshiba 24" 1080p 60hz LED LCD 24L4200U TVs.... The ASUS retails for like $205 each and the Toshiba goes for $230 each.... Is there a difference and if so is it worth dishing out an additional $50 for...Plz help.... and like always and thoughts, opinions, and help is appreciated....

THX,
Jeff

More about : led led backlit thing

Best solution

June 26, 2012 3:14:10 AM

All "LED" screens are LCD screens with LED backlights, they replaced the standard CFL backlights with LED backlights which are more power efficient and give better back lighting control.

I wouldn't use a TV as a monitor, you are paying extra for the cable tuner in it, and they often have a longer response time. Those ASUS monitors are very nice and I would take them over the Toshiba TVs
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 26, 2012 3:46:58 AM

Hunter 315 is correct that LED screens are lcd's with an LED back light instead of a fluorescent that other monitors and TV's use .

There are two different types of LED construction though . One uses LED's around the perimeter and is cheaper .
The other is to have small LED's behind each pixel . More expensive but has the advantage of deeper blacks and subsequent higher contrast ratio.

But dont use the TV's for general use as monitors . There is no advantage
m
l
Related resources
June 26, 2012 9:23:28 PM

thank you soo much for helping not make a costly mistake... i really appreciate it...
m
l
July 6, 2012 12:32:38 AM

Best answer selected by J3TW4V3.
m
l
!