LED VS LED Backlit same thing or different

J3TW4V3

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Like the title says i am having trouble understanding if these are the same or if there is a major difference. The root of my problem comes from trying to decide if i want to use 2 24" 1080p ASUS VS248H-P monitors that are LED backlight or 2 Toshiba 24" 1080p 60hz LED LCD 24L4200U TVs.... The ASUS retails for like $205 each and the Toshiba goes for $230 each.... Is there a difference and if so is it worth dishing out an additional $50 for...Plz help.... and like always and thoughts, opinions, and help is appreciated....

THX,
Jeff

Solution
All "LED" screens are LCD screens with LED backlights, they replaced the standard CFL backlights with LED backlights which are more power efficient and give better back lighting control.

I wouldn't use a TV as a monitor, you are paying extra for the cable tuner in it, and they often have a longer response time. Those ASUS monitors are very nice and I would take them over the Toshiba TVs
All "LED" screens are LCD screens with LED backlights, they replaced the standard CFL backlights with LED backlights which are more power efficient and give better back lighting control.

I wouldn't use a TV as a monitor, you are paying extra for the cable tuner in it, and they often have a longer response time. Those ASUS monitors are very nice and I would take them over the Toshiba TVs

Solution
Hunter 315 is correct that LED screens are lcd's with an LED back light instead of a fluorescent that other monitors and TV's use .

There are two different types of LED construction though . One uses LED's around the perimeter and is cheaper .
The other is to have small LED's behind each pixel . More expensive but has the advantage of deeper blacks and subsequent higher contrast ratio.

But dont use the TV's for general use as monitors . There is no advantage