Help with " Start Menu "

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
Programs" section.
I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
I have not installed any new software.
Can anyone help please?

XP Home SP2 fully updated.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

    Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
    Select Properties
    Select the Start Menu Tab
    Click on Customize

    In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
    Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not set to
    zero
    Change it the your preferred number of program.

    -
    Zimran

    "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
    : Programs" section.
    : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
    : I have not installed any new software.
    : Can anyone help please?
    :
    : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
    :
    : --
    : Paul Woodsford
    : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    :
    :
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Zimran,
    My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently used
    programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to recently
    used programs.

    --
    Paul Woodsford
    Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
    > Select Properties
    > Select the Start Menu Tab
    > Click on Customize
    >
    > In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
    > Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not set
    > zero
    > Change it the your preferred number of program.
    >
    > -
    > Zimran
    >

    > "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
    > : Programs" section.
    > : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
    > : I have not installed any new software.
    > : Can anyone help please?
    > :
    > : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
    > :
    > : --
    > : Paul Woodsford
    > : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    > :
    > :

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
    vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you the
    items you want, I believe.

    Don Dunlap

    > Hi Zimran,
    > My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently used
    > programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to recently
    > used programs.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Woodsford
    > Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    > "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
    >> Select Properties
    >> Select the Start Menu Tab
    >> Click on Customize
    >>
    >> In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
    >> Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not set
    >> zero
    >> Change it the your preferred number of program.
    >>
    >> -
    >> Zimran
    >>

    >> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >> :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
    >> : Programs" section.
    >> : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
    >> : I have not installed any new software.
    >> : Can anyone help please?
    >> :
    >> : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
    >> :
    >> : --
    >> : Paul Woodsford
    >> : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    >> :
    >> :

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I forgot to add - after you right click on tha vacant area of the tool bar,
    click on Toolbars and then click on Quick Launch.

    Don

    "Don Dunlap" <dondunlapwhoami@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
    >vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you the
    >items you want, I believe.
    >
    > Don Dunlap
    >
    > "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi Zimran,
    >> My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently
    >> used programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to
    >> recently used programs.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Paul Woodsford
    >> Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    >> "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
    >>> Select Properties
    >>> Select the Start Menu Tab
    >>> Click on Customize
    >>>
    >>> In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
    >>> Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not
    >>> set to
    >>> zero
    >>> Change it the your preferred number of program.
    >>>
    >>> -
    >>> Zimran
    >>>

    >>> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>> :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
    >>> : Programs" section.
    >>> : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
    >>> : I have not installed any new software.
    >>> : Can anyone help please?
    >>> :
    >>> : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
    >>> :
    >>> : --
    >>> : Paul Woodsford
    >>> : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    >>> :
    >>> :

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    That section list the Programs that you "most often use"
    and my previous suggestion should work unless you have settings or a program
    that
    automatically removes them.
    Zimran

    : Hi Zimran,
    : My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently used
    : programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to recently
    : used programs.
    :
    : --
    : Paul Woodsford
    : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    : "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
    : news:%23xftWcEGFHA.2032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
    : > Select Properties
    : > Select the Start Menu Tab
    : > Click on Customize
    : >
    : > In the middle section titled "Programs" with the Clear List button .
    : > Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not
    set
    : > zero
    : > Change it the your preferred number of program.
    : >
    : > -
    : > Zimran
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : > "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    : > news:u3y9RTEGFHA.128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    : > :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
    : > : Programs" section.
    : > : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
    : > : I have not installed any new software.
    : > : Can anyone help please?
    : > :
    : > : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
    : > :
    : > : --
    : > : Paul Woodsford
    : > : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    : > :
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Don,
    Sorry, it is not the Quick Launch Toolbar, but the section between the Start
    Button and the Start Menu above it, where the Frequently Used Program
    shortcuts are inserted, that is missing.

    --
    Paul Woodsford
    Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    >I forgot to add - after you right click on tha vacant area of the tool bar,
    >click on Toolbars and then click on Quick Launch.
    >
    > Don
    >
    > "Don Dunlap" <dondunlapwhoami@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >>I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
    >>vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you
    >>the items you want, I believe.
    >>
    >> Don Dunlap
    >>
    >> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Zimran,
    >>> My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently
    >>> used programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to
    >>> recently used programs.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Paul Woodsford
    >>> Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    >>> "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Please type regedit in Start Run, navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage
    and right click StartPage in the tree and choose Export. Export as *.reg file and include file in reply. You open a reg file by right clicking it and choosing Edit.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message news:%23JNT5WKGFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi Don,
    > Sorry, it is not the Quick Launch Toolbar, but the section between the Start
    > Button and the Start Menu above it, where the Frequently Used Program
    > shortcuts are inserted, that is missing.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Woodsford
    > Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    > "Don Dunlap" <dondunlapwhoami@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >>I forgot to add - after you right click on tha vacant area of the tool bar,
    >>click on Toolbars and then click on Quick Launch.
    >>
    >> Don
    >>
    >> "Don Dunlap" <dondunlapwhoami@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >>>I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
    >>>vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you
    >>>the items you want, I believe.
    >>>
    >>> Don Dunlap
    >>>
    >>> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message

Configuration Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP