Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
Programs" section.
I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
I have not installed any new software.
Can anyone help please?

XP Home SP2 fully updated.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
Select Properties
Select the Start Menu Tab
Click on Customize

In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not set to
zero
Change it the your preferred number of program.

-
Zimran

"Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
:I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
: Programs" section.
: I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
: I have not installed any new software.
: Can anyone help please?
:
: XP Home SP2 fully updated.
:
: --
: Paul Woodsford
: Remove NOSPAM to reply.
:
:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Zimran,
My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently used
programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to recently
used programs.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.
"Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
> Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
> Select Properties
> Select the Start Menu Tab
> Click on Customize
>
> In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
> Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not set
> zero
> Change it the your preferred number of program.
>
> -
> Zimran
>

> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
> :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
> : Programs" section.
> : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
> : I have not installed any new software.
> : Can anyone help please?
> :
> : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
> :
> : --
> : Paul Woodsford
> : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
> :
> :

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you the
items you want, I believe.

Don Dunlap

> Hi Zimran,
> My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently used
> programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to recently
> used programs.
>
> --
> Paul Woodsford
> Remove NOSPAM to reply.
> "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
>> Select Properties
>> Select the Start Menu Tab
>> Click on Customize
>>
>> In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
>> Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not set
>> zero
>> Change it the your preferred number of program.
>>
>> -
>> Zimran
>>

>> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
>> : Programs" section.
>> : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
>> : I have not installed any new software.
>> : Can anyone help please?
>> :
>> : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
>> :
>> : --
>> : Paul Woodsford
>> : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
>> :
>> :

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I forgot to add - after you right click on tha vacant area of the tool bar,
click on Toolbars and then click on Quick Launch.

Don

"Don Dunlap" <dondunlapwhoami@direcway.com> wrote in message
>I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
>vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you the
>items you want, I believe.
>
> Don Dunlap
>
> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> Hi Zimran,
>> My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently
>> used programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to
>> recently used programs.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Woodsford
>> Remove NOSPAM to reply.
>> "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
>>> Select Properties
>>> Select the Start Menu Tab
>>> Click on Customize
>>>
>>> In the middle section titled "Program" with the Clear List button .
>>> Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not
>>> set to
>>> zero
>>> Change it the your preferred number of program.
>>>
>>> -
>>> Zimran
>>>

>>> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>> :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
>>> : Programs" section.
>>> : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
>>> : I have not installed any new software.
>>> : Can anyone help please?
>>> :
>>> : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
>>> :
>>> : --
>>> : Paul Woodsford
>>> : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
>>> :
>>> :

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

That section list the Programs that you "most often use"
and my previous suggestion should work unless you have settings or a program
that
automatically removes them.
Zimran

: Hi Zimran,
: My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently used
: programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to recently
: used programs.
:
: --
: Paul Woodsford
: Remove NOSPAM to reply.
: "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message
: news:%23xftWcEGFHA.2032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > Right Click in an open area on the Task bar or Start menu.
: > Select Properties
: > Select the Start Menu Tab
: > Click on Customize
: >
: > In the middle section titled "Programs" with the Clear List button .
: > Make sure the "Number of Program on Start Menu:" Drop down box is not
set
: > zero
: > Change it the your preferred number of program.
: >
: > -
: > Zimran
: >
: >
: >
: > "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
: > news:u3y9RTEGFHA.128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
: > :I no longer have any icons in the Start Menu " Most Frequently Used
: > : Programs" section.
: > : I haven't cleared out this section and use it frequently.
: > : I have not installed any new software.
: > : Can anyone help please?
: > :
: > : XP Home SP2 fully updated.
: > :
: > : --
: > : Paul Woodsford
: > : Remove NOSPAM to reply.
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Don,
Sorry, it is not the Quick Launch Toolbar, but the section between the Start
Button and the Start Menu above it, where the Frequently Used Program
shortcuts are inserted, that is missing.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.
>I forgot to add - after you right click on tha vacant area of the tool bar,
>click on Toolbars and then click on Quick Launch.
>
> Don
>
> "Don Dunlap" <dondunlapwhoami@direcway.com> wrote in message
>>I think you are referring to the 'Quick Launch" bar. Right click on a
>>vacant area of the toolbar and select Quick Launch. This will give you
>>the items you want, I believe.
>>
>> Don Dunlap
>>
>> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi Zimran,
>>> My fault, I meant the section below the Start Menu programs, Recently
>>> used programs. It is empty, and normally has a number of shortcuts to
>>> recently used programs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paul Woodsford
>>> Remove NOSPAM to reply.
>>> "Zimran Douglas" <zmailistREMOVE@THIS.verizon.net> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Please type regedit in Start Run, navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage
and right click StartPage in the tree and choose Export. Export as *.reg file and include file in reply. You open a reg file by right clicking it and choosing Edit.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/