How remove custom mouse pointer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

winXP Pro SP2. Someone has installed a graphic mouse pointer on this
machine. How do I remove it?

--
Bill Todd
2 answers Last reply

    In news:e4K1aNIGFHA.2824@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Bill Todd <no@no.com> had this to say:

    > winXP Pro SP2. Someone has installed a graphic mouse pointer on this
    > machine. How do I remove it?
    >
    > --
    > Bill Todd

    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Classic View > Mouse > Pointers > Use the
    one you want or select Windows Default to put it back the way it was.

    However, did this someone install Comet Curser? If so then it might go away
    with the add/remove programs or you might need to clean it out with an
    anti-spyware application while booted into safe mode without networking and
    with system restore disabled.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Bill,

    It depends. My teens here have a few that are .exe's and can be found via
    Add/Remove.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Bill Todd" <no@no.com> wrote in message
    > winXP Pro SP2. Someone has installed a graphic mouse pointer on this
    > machine. How do I remove it?
    >
    > --
    > Bill Todd

Configuration Mice Pointer Microsoft Customization Windows XP