How remove custom mouse pointer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

winXP Pro SP2. Someone has installed a graphic mouse pointer on this
machine. How do I remove it?

--
Bill Todd

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In news:e4K1aNIGFHA.2824@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Bill Todd <no@no.com> had this to say:

> winXP Pro SP2. Someone has installed a graphic mouse pointer on this
> machine. How do I remove it?
>
> --
> Bill Todd

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Classic View > Mouse > Pointers > Use the
one you want or select Windows Default to put it back the way it was.

However, did this someone install Comet Curser? If so then it might go away
with the add/remove programs or you might need to clean it out with an
anti-spyware application while booted into safe mode without networking and
with system restore disabled.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Bill,

It depends. My teens here have a few that are .exe's and can be found via
Add/Remove.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Bill Todd" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> winXP Pro SP2. Someone has installed a graphic mouse pointer on this
> machine. How do I remove it?
>
> --
> Bill Todd

TRENDING THREADS