Sennheiser pc350 with usb sound card

noobletcam89

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
(bad english) hi i just purchased sennheiser pc350 headset and i was reading that i need a soundcard to use them at their full potential. I am using a gateway fx 6800 series computer and i only have 1 pci e slot that i use for black magic intensity pro. I want to buy the asus xonar but i dont have any more pci e slots, what do I do? Can I use this http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-System-SB1240/dp/B004275EO4 to replace an internal sound card? I have a lot of usb slots so that would be no problem but i don't know if it will work correctly, please help me out, I really want to use this headset. Sorry if English is bad, my first language is japanese. Thanks!!

The PC350 is rated at 150 Ohm impedance, so you'll almost defiantly need either a stand alone amp, or a soundcard with a headphone amp capable of putting out at least that much power to properly drive the headset.

The cheapest option is the ASUS Xonar DG(X), which has a headphone amp capable of exactly 150 Ohms. Other options are available though.

noobletcam89

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
thank you for your replies. You say that I need a stand alone amp to work with the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, could you link me to one? and gamerk316 I don't have another slot to fit the asus xonar that is why i asked if the sound blaster usb was ok. do you know if the sound from the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD will be just as good as the asus xonar sound card? sorry for all the questions guys i just really want to use this headset.