Sign in with
Your question

Sennheiser pc350 with usb sound card

Last response: in Components
November 1, 2012 5:17:25 AM

(bad english) hi i just purchased sennheiser pc350 headset and i was reading that i need a soundcard to use them at their full potential. I am using a gateway fx 6800 series computer and i only have 1 pci e slot that i use for black magic intensity pro. I want to buy the asus xonar but i dont have any more pci e slots, what do I do? Can I use this http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-System-SB1... to replace an internal sound card? I have a lot of usb slots so that would be no problem but i don't know if it will work correctly, please help me out, I really want to use this headset. Sorry if English is bad, my first language is japanese. Thanks!!
November 1, 2012 7:47:11 AM

The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD or any other external usb card will work.
m
l
November 1, 2012 11:09:09 AM

The PC350 is rated at 150 Ohm impedance, so you'll almost defiantly need either a stand alone amp, or a soundcard with a headphone amp capable of putting out at least that much power to properly drive the headset.

The cheapest option is the ASUS Xonar DG(X), which has a headphone amp capable of exactly 150 Ohms. Other options are available though.
m
l
November 1, 2012 10:43:13 PM

thank you for your replies. You say that I need a stand alone amp to work with the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, could you link me to one? and gamerk316 I don't have another slot to fit the asus xonar that is why i asked if the sound blaster usb was ok. do you know if the sound from the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD will be just as good as the asus xonar sound card? sorry for all the questions guys i just really want to use this headset.
m
l
!