Sign in with
Your question

Case cooling

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 2, 2012 2:21:24 AM

Hi guys i have a problem and here it is :

my CPU runs at 50c when its idle and gets to 57c when loading specially when playing a hardcore game or even working with programs

my GPU runs also at 50c when starting and gets to 62 when working on desktop ( programs ) and to 70 when loading hard ( gaming ) (CoD MW3 or Dirt3)

so is this normal or what I've tried to open my case for more air flow but that doesn't work and i've also cleaned it from dust with VERY powerful air compressor and also nothing changed so HELP me PLEASE !!!!

More about : case cooling

May 2, 2012 2:34:53 AM

Those aren't bad temperatures. The GPU is fine. The CPU is a bit hot but its not that bad. I know alot of people take desktop fans and just blow them into the side of the case for a cheap but effective cooling option.

A new heatsink might also be in order. But if you have no money, you gotta do what you gotta do.

m
l
May 2, 2012 2:38:02 AM

case name and model
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 2:58:37 AM

Full specs, please.
The GPU temp is absolutely fine. The CPU could get a little lower. A new heatsink would probably do it.
m
l
May 2, 2012 3:56:07 AM

Deemo13 said:
Those aren't bad temperatures. The GPU is fine. The CPU is a bit hot but its not that bad. I know alot of people take desktop fans and just blow them into the side of the case for a cheap but effective cooling option.

A new heatsink might also be in order. But if you have no money, you gotta do what you gotta do.

http://cdn.ghettoredhot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/computer-fan-noise.jpg

Bad idea! The fan is basically blowing a ton of dust into the case not to mention that it creates a lot of static which can fry your components.
A new heatsink should do. Besides his temperatures are fine the way they are.
m
l
May 2, 2012 4:26:33 AM

Hey man do what I did.

Buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. It cost about $20-30 USD depending on where you get it.

It does the job well I went from liquid cooling to that because my pump started to leak.

Again I switched to that and my idle temps rivaled that of the liquid cooling floating from 36-44 degrees Celsius. On load with any game BF3, Crysis, and even Rage -- yes I loved Rage months after all the fixes and good drivers, it would go to about 60 highest.

It's cheap and does the job. Add another fan and make a pull and push config and you will be set.

Now what I do now is I have my liquid cooling again but I added a small 80MM fan at the back of my system to pull all the hot air out, now my internal temps are less than 20 C.

I've gone through every single problem in the book with computers. I'm not yet A+ certified but I know my stuff. I've learned everything from experience and tons of severe bad luck.

Again while those temps are bad but they do seem a bit too high. Maybe you have a power issue where your fans aren't running at the speeds that they should but even with no money please do buy that Heatsink and fan it is very cheap and highly effective. Or if you have more money Cooler Master is releasing a new "Vapor Chamber" heatsink and fan looks great and sound. I know it was released in Europe don't know about the US yet.

Send me a PM if you'd like for more help and information.

Just an added note I usually have my system overclocked but I have been playing some with Patriot RAM that I have and can't get that stable what so ever so these are all stock frequencies.

So look at the pics down here.

Here is a pic of my universal temps

Here is a pic of my ambient temps

m
l
May 2, 2012 4:42:38 AM

yeah the cpu is a bit high. my i3 runs at 33-34 idle and 50 on decent load
m
l
May 2, 2012 4:45:59 AM

I also installed and EVO 212 fan for my CPU a few months back. My CPU was would go through the roof and stop reporting temps when compressing large video files, or ripping my collection. After moving to the 212 EVO, the newer model, temps stay around 30-40C now. Good cooling fan, and priced right. It's also really quiet, a bonus over the stock Intel fan at higher temps.
m
l
May 2, 2012 4:48:40 AM

I would also side with the 212 argument. I have one, and its honestly the best bang for the buck cooler I can think of.
m
l
May 2, 2012 4:49:30 AM

Yup that is the cooler on page 60.

Looks awesome and in theory sounds really...sound...

The EU model fan looks a lot cooler than that crappy stock fan they throw on the US model.

But nevertheless go with that Cooler Master Hyper 212+. Cheap and extremely effective.

I only used it because I was going to repair my water cooling and used it for short term so I thought. I ended up using it for over 6 months.

The GPU temps are fine when it exceeds 90 degrees C then you worry.

BTW the new Cooler Master config is the TPC-812.
m
l
!