Error 1305:Fan failure

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Ok so here's the problem.
When i booted up my pc this morning.It says Error 1305:Fan Failure and the Fan starts spinning really loud.It can boot into windows but the fan is really annoying.
Here are my specifications:
MoBo:IBM Thinkcentre M52
Processor:pentium 4 3,4 ghz (HT)
Graphics:Nvidia GT240 1GB
Ram:2 GB ddr2
One hard drive of 80 GB.
Oh before this morning the PC worked just fine.I turned it off normally.
so how can i handle this Error?

socialfox

Distinguished
Well typically you would want to replace the fan. If you say the fan started spinning abnormally fast then you should replace the fan right away. Fan failure obviously means there is a problem with the fan, though usually it should occur when the fan does not spin or there is no fan at all.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
It doesn't matter now.I solved it.All i had to do is to go to the BIOS Setup and to reset all settings to default.Thanks anyway.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
But it seems that i have to redefault my BIOS options everytime i turn the pc on.How to get rid of this issue?

socialfox

Distinguished
When you exit the bios do you save the settings? Try taking out the motherboard battery and putting it back in to revert settings. If that fails then it may be the fan is defective, try switching to another if that occurs too then its the 3 pin header on the motherboard.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I do save the BIOS Default settings.I choose "Save and exit the Setup utility".Actually i haven't tried pulling out the CMOS battery.I will try it later.And then i will see what will happen.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I think the fan isn't defective.Because it works normally whenever i redefault my BIOS settings.I'll try reseating it.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Actually it says Error 0135:Fan Failure.
How can i resolve this problem.Anyone's help is welcome.

socialfox

Distinguished
Not an expert on Intel builds but in the bios are there any fan controls? Like I know AMD has stuff like turbo Q or something like that for fans. May want to turn off any settings and let it run at normal rpm.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
It doesn't matter what i change in the BIOS Setup utility.Whenever i turn the PC off and on the error is still there.But if i enter the setup utility during the error and redefault the BIOS settings and restart my pc the error isn't there and it boots up to Windows.
i have reseated the CMOS battery but the problem still persists.

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Just found this on Lenovo website.
Processor Fan Error
Re-connect processor fan cable.
Is that cable the 4 pins cable on the motherboard?

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Okay.I solved it.Finally.Though i don't know what i did.
I downloaded the IoBit System Care 6 Pro.And scanned my pc.There were loads of registry and system issues.And the cleaner fixed them.And that's when the error was gone
Could this be a registry issue?Because all i know that the motherboard's BIOS isn't related to the Windows registry.Or is it? :confused:

socialfox

Distinguished
That's a first for me, never heard a fan failure message go away with a registry scan. I think registry scans relate to windows, the motherboard tells you the fan fails prior to windows even starts. Either way glad you got it fixed (without my help :lol:)

kikok012

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Actually i didn't fix it.It was just that when i turn my pc off and on in a short amount of time.I don't receive the error.I need further help on this.
P.S:I was playing with the four pin cable but the problem is still there.Should i try reseating my fan?

TheMadTonez

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
I actually have this issue with an M91, at startup the CPU fan kicks up to its highest RPM and won't slow down at all even after booting into Windows. I thought it could be the fan & replaced it but still am having the same issue so at this point I will try removing the cmos battery & replacing it, then try to fix any registry errors. However since the fan starts at its highest RPM before POST I doubt anything with Windows is the issue, but I could be wrong. I will post what happens tonight when I get home & start working on it.