Should I uninstall ATI 4850 drivers before I install 560ti drivers?

Ephedra

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I currently have a pre-built computer (Asus CG1330-07) and I'm looking to upgrade it, mainly for Diablo 3. I have a question regarding graphics cards.

My system came with an ATI Radeon 4850 1GB DDR3 Graphics card. Today I bought a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 ti 1GB DDR5 graphics card to replace it. My system also only came with a 400w power supply, so I also bought a 700w Corsair Gaming power supply unit to assure there's enough power as I may SLI down the road.

Do I uninstall all ATI drivers before I open up my casing to install the NVIDIA one? Or, should I put the new graphics card in and will it uninstall all the old drivers? I'm very new to building/upgrading computers but I'm learning on-the-go. I just don't want to mess anything up...

Also, I don't really know how to uninstall old drivers, either. A detailed explanation of how to do this process correctly would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thank you in advance.

PC Specs (currently)
AMD Phenom II 1045t CPU
8gig DDR3 Memory
1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
1GB DDR3 ATI Radeon 4850 Graphics Card (changing out for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 ti)
400w Power supply (changing out for the 700w)

Yes. You should uninstall your AMD/ATI drivers by going to the Control Panel, then click "Uninstall a program".

Download Driver Sweeper and follow the instructions to delete any remaining AMD/ATI driver files.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Afterwards, open your PC and swap the cards. Then install the nvidia drivers.