RAZR in sunlight

How is the main display on the RAZR outdoors in sunlight? I currently have
a Sony Ericsson Z500a and find the display very hard to see outdoors.

Thanks
15 answers Last reply
More about razr sunlight

    very difficult to see no matter what brightness settings.

    "Bob" <bobnewkirk-honda2098@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > How is the main display on the RAZR outdoors in sunlight? I currently
    > have a Sony Ericsson Z500a and find the display very hard to see outdoors.
    >
    > Thanks

    "Bob" <bobnewkirk-honda2098@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > How is the main display on the RAZR outdoors in sunlight? I currently
    > have a Sony Ericsson Z500a and find the display very hard to see outdoors.

    My Razr is two months old and the outdoor display is poor. I'm surprised how
    bad it is in the shade of a tree.

    At worse case with my PPC-PE, I can hold the display in direct sunlight and
    read it, but not the Razr.

    "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    > very difficult to see no matter what brightness settings.
    >

    > "Bob" <bobnewkirk-honda2098@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    >> How is the main display on the RAZR outdoors in sunlight? I currently
    >> have a Sony Ericsson Z500a and find the display very hard to see
    >> outdoors.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    I bright sunlight I think most, or all, displays are going to wash out....

    Steve

    In <suKdnZ2dnZ2Q-izXnZ2dnTj-YN-dnZ2dRVn-yZ2dnZ0@comcast.com> on Fri, 12 Aug
    2005 20:06:07 -0700, "Steven de Mena" <demenas@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I bright sunlight I think most, or all, displays are going to wash out....

    Big differences between different types of displays -- in bright light:
    * Backlit displays wash out
    * Reflective displays get better
    * Transflective displays are in the middle

    In article <suKdnZ2dnZ2Q-izXnZ2dnTj-YN-dnZ2dRVn-yZ2dnZ0@comcast.com>,
    Steven de Mena <usenet@stevedemena.com> wrote:

    >"Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    >> very difficult to see no matter what brightness settings.
    >>

    >> "Bob" <bobnewkirk-honda2098@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    >>> How is the main display on the RAZR outdoors in sunlight? I currently
    >>> have a Sony Ericsson Z500a and find the display very hard to see
    >>> outdoors.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >I bright sunlight I think most, or all, displays are going to wash out....

    A transflective display, such as used on the V6xx models, will do better
    than the transmissive displays employed on less expensive phones.

    Why Motorola chose to use the less effective display technology on their
    "flagship" Razr model is incomprehensible.

    In <ddkvce$6pc$1@reader2.panix.com> on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:16:46 +0000 (UTC),
    retsuhcs@xinap.moc (Mike S.) wrote:

    >A transflective display, such as used on the V6xx models, will do better
    >than the transmissive displays employed on less expensive phones.
    >
    >Why Motorola chose to use the less effective display technology on their
    >"flagship" Razr model is incomprehensible.

    I suspect it was a simple matter of form factor; i.e., thin.

    Hmmm. Thin vs usable. Good choice.

    Don

    > In <ddkvce$6pc$1@reader2.panix.com> on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:16:46 +0000
    > (UTC),
    > retsuhcs@xinap.moc (Mike S.) wrote:
    >
    >>A transflective display, such as used on the V6xx models, will do better
    >>than the transmissive displays employed on less expensive phones.
    >>
    >>Why Motorola chose to use the less effective display technology on their
    >>"flagship" Razr model is incomprehensible.
    >
    > I suspect it was a simple matter of form factor; i.e., thin.

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

    The choice is made by the consumer.

    p.s. Please don't switch posting styles (top vs bottom) in mid-thread -- it's
    confusing, and considered a bit rude. Thanks.

    In <ddq4tt04g5@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:22:26 -0400, "Don
    Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:

    >Hmmm. Thin vs usable. Good choice.
    >
    >Don
    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <ddkvce$6pc$1@reader2.panix.com> on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:16:46 +0000
    >> (UTC),
    >> retsuhcs@xinap.moc (Mike S.) wrote:
    >>
    >>>A transflective display, such as used on the V6xx models, will do better
    >>>than the transmissive displays employed on less expensive phones.
    >>>
    >>>Why Motorola chose to use the less effective display technology on their
    >>>"flagship" Razr model is incomprehensible.
    >>
    >> I suspect it was a simple matter of form factor; i.e., thin.

    Hmm, I'll check Ms Manners. Nope nothing there about posting top vs
    bottom.

    Sorry.

    Don
    > The choice is made by the consumer.
    >
    > p.s. Please don't switch posting styles (top vs bottom) in mid-thread --
    > it's
    > confusing, and considered a bit rude. Thanks.
    >
    > In <ddq4tt04g5@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:22:26 -0400,
    > "Don
    > Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hmmm. Thin vs usable. Good choice.
    >>
    >>Don
    >>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
    >>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>>
    >>> In <ddkvce$6pc$1@reader2.panix.com> on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:16:46 +0000
    >>> (UTC),

    >>> I suspect it was a simple matter of form factor; i.e., thin.

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    See Q7 of "Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings"
    <http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html> (published by the
    news.newusers.questions Moderation Board)

    In <ddqi0p0gom@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:05:49 -0400, "Don
    Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:

    >Hmm, I'll check Ms Manners. Nope nothing there about posting top vs
    >bottom.
    >
    >Sorry.
    >
    >Don
    >> The choice is made by the consumer.
    >>
    >> p.s. Please don't switch posting styles (top vs bottom) in mid-thread --
    >> it's
    >> confusing, and considered a bit rude. Thanks.
    >>
    >> In <ddq4tt04g5@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:22:26 -0400,
    >> "Don
    >> Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hmmm. Thin vs usable. Good choice.
    >>>
    >>>Don
    >>>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message

    >> --
    >> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
    >> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    John,

    You need to read it your self. You focused so much on topic 7 that you
    missed the big intro at the beginning. I don't see any reference to rude.

    Don

    Introduction
    This document is a description of the traditionally accepted "quoting style"
    in Usenet newsgroup postings. Please do not consider this to be a
    "regulatory" document ("Thou shalt do it this way because we say so!"), but
    rather as an "advocacy" document ("A lot of people think this is a good way
    to do it, and here's why.").

    > See Q7 of "Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings"
    > <http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html> (published by the
    > news.newusers.questions Moderation Board)
    >
    > In <ddqi0p0gom@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:05:49 -0400,
    > "Don
    > Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hmm, I'll check Ms Manners. Nope nothing there about posting top vs
    >>bottom.
    >>
    >>Sorry.
    >>
    >>Don
    >>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
    >>> The choice is made by the consumer.
    >>>
    >>> p.s. Please don't switch posting styles (top vs bottom) in
    >>> mid-thread --
    >>> it's
    >>> confusing, and considered a bit rude. Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> In <ddq4tt04g5@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:22:26 -0400,

    >>> --
    >>> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
    >>> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:07:54 -0400, "Don Udel \(ETC\)"
    <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:

    >You need to read it your self. You focused so much on topic 7 that you
    >missed the big intro at the beginning. I don't see any reference to rude.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    to a techno-dork, maybe

    << considered a bit rude. Thanks.>>
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    I suggest you take your own advice, and actually pay attention to it, instead
    of just trying to find something to serve your own preference.

    In <de4i240277f@enews2.newsguy.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:07:54 -0400, "Don
    Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:

    >John,
    >
    >You need to read it your self. You focused so much on topic 7 that you
    >missed the big intro at the beginning. I don't see any reference to rude.
    >
    >Don
    >

    >Introduction
    >This document is a description of the traditionally accepted "quoting style"
    >in Usenet newsgroup postings. Please do not consider this to be a
    >"regulatory" document ("Thou shalt do it this way because we say so!"), but
    >rather as an "advocacy" document ("A lot of people think this is a good way
    >to do it, and here's why.").

    >> See Q7 of "Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings"
    >> <http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html> (published by the
    >> news.newusers.questions Moderation Board)
    >>
    >> In <ddqi0p0gom@enews3.newsguy.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:05:49 -0400,
    >> "Don
    >> Udel \(ETC\)" <donudel@ellijay.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hmm, I'll check Ms Manners. Nope nothing there about posting top vs
    >>>bottom.
    >>>
    >>>Sorry.
    >>>
    >>>Don
    >>>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message

    >> --
    >> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
    >> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    To regular folks as well.

    In <1124476793.797516.158180@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> on 19 Aug 2005
    11:39:53 -0700, "edna" <edna_schittneck@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >to a techno-dork, maybe
    >
    ><< considered a bit rude. Thanks.>>

Cingular Sunlight Internet Service Providers Displays