Sign in with
Your question

Help build a PC

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 26, 2012 10:48:40 AM

I was wondering if it were possible to build a somewhat gaming PC with a budget of $400 - 500
I wasn't thinking of running anything intense like Battlefield 3[ If it could which i highly doubt, that would be amazing!]...I have been eyeballing games like Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Company Of Heroes and perhaps Arma 2 on high settings. Sadly, right now I'm on an HP made in like 2007, and I've been thinking of building a new computer. I have little to no idea what the best build would be so any help would be appreciated. [I'm a noob at this so sorry >.<]

Edit: I just realized there is a template.
Approximate Purchase Date: (5-6 Months)

Budget Range: (400-500)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (gaming,surfing the web)

Parts Not Required: (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (newegg.com)

Country: (e.g.: India) [Honestly do not know the best place...]

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (ASUS or Biostar Motherboard I guess)

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: (1440x900)

Additional Comments: (As long as the PC can run some of the games and not wake everyone in my household up at night, I'm fine)

More about : build

June 26, 2012 1:07:40 PM

I think you should go for a core 2 duo or core i3. You should wait a couple more months. You can save up a little more and perhaps get a i5 or core 2 quad. A gaming PC under 500 is not easy to come by for good performance and quality gaming. You need to buy a cpu, gpu, psu, mobo, case ect... So just wait a couple months will be your best option. And the prices ofcore i3 & i5 are dropping.
m
l
June 26, 2012 1:30:39 PM

Quote:
Approximate Purchase Date: (5-6 Months)

Make a new thread in 5 months. Newer and better things will be available, and prices on current things will drop.
Try to save up some more money too. You won't get too much for 500$.
m
l
June 26, 2012 1:36:49 PM

Half a year? That's way too long to make a thread now, come back when you you're just about ready for your purchase.

$500 will have you really squeezing to get the most bang for your buck, but I will tell you it will be possible to play BF3, most likely on low settings. You have half a year to possibly get more money.
m
l
!