CORSAIR VENGEANCE LOW PROFILE 8GB DDR3 [CML8GX3M2A1600C9]

Monitor:
ASUS LED 22'' FULLHD HDMI [ML228H]

Placa Grafica:
MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC

Processador:
INTEL CORE i5-3570K

thanks mates

the names are in portuguese but you can verry well tell the specs.

More about : 650 power supply check

June 26, 2012 11:09:41 AM

Yes, your power supply is perfectly fine and should go well with everything else you have on there. Not capable of running crossfire down the road but the 7870 should do you well for a few years considering the max res on that monitor is 1920X1080.
a b ) Power supply
June 26, 2012 11:23:12 AM

more than enough.you can also run 7870 CF and overclock your system without breaking a sweat.enjoy ;) 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b ) Power supply
June 26, 2012 11:40:39 AM

Suppose I should help to shed light on the above conflicting answers.

Yes 650W is enough to power that rig without issue, including overclocking.

For Crossfiring 7870's, it will work, but it wont be as efficient. Beyond ~80% load, the efficiency starts to fall and the heat and sound generated increase. And you wont have much headroom for extra drives/fans and overclocking.
Generally you will want 750W for dual graphics cards as this will keep the total max load somewhere between 60 and 70%, where power supply's are typically most efficient. And as it is doing less work (relative) to the 650W, it doesn't kick up as much heat, fan doesn't have to spin that much and therefore it's quieter.

Just remember that 80+ standard ratings only apply between 20 and 80% load, so your platinum power supply could be woefully inefficient at full load.
a b ) Power supply
June 26, 2012 11:52:04 AM

manofchalk said:
Suppose I should help to shed light on the above conflicting answers.

Yes 650W is enough to power that rig without issue, including overclocking.

For Crossfiring 7870's, it will work, but it wont be as efficient. Beyond ~80% load, the efficiency starts to fall and the heat and sound generated increase. And you wont have much headroom for extra drives/fans and overclocking.
Generally you will want 750W for dual graphics cards as this will keep the total max load somewhere between 60 and 70%, where power supply's are typically most efficient. And as it is doing less work (relative) to the 650W, it doesn't kick up as much heat, fan doesn't have to spin that much and therefore it's quieter.

Just remember that 80+ standard ratings only apply between 20 and 80% load, so your platinum power supply could be woefully inefficient at full load.

i disagree,this site provides the most accurate info about power supplies.
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
total wattage is not the main factor,total amps on the +12v rail is the crucial factor.53 amps on +12v will easily run a 7870 CF setup without over heating and maintaining full efficiency.
a c 87 ) Power supply
June 26, 2012 12:58:14 PM

I would say that the reason the Corsair TX650 V2 cannot support a system with CF 7870s is because it does not meet the four PCIe connector requirement. Obviously you can use peripheral to PCIe adapters, but I do not suggest/recommend this method. Besides there are other 650W PSUs on the market which come with four PCIe connectors and are just as good, if not better, than the Corsair TX650 V2, which are just as unexpensive, if not more so. So why buy the Corsair TX650 V2 if you want to CF 7870s?
June 26, 2012 3:57:05 PM

i do not intend to install an extra grafichs card.. but even if i do .. i won't be stuped enough to put it on a 650w .. it would work.. but.. like you said not efficient..

thanks for the help .. im better with other hardware but not psu's .. i hate messing with those things..