$3000 Gaming ROG themed build

Ashrael

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hey guys,

First of all, I want to thank you for taking your time for just browsing this thread. And any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Country- New Zealand

Preferred websites- www.computerlounge.co.nz
- www.pbtech.co.nz
Parts preferences- Asus ROG (as it is a ROG themed build, but its near impossible to get ROG graphics cards down here...so anything good will do)

Budget rate- $3000-$3500

OC-Yes

SLI or Crossfire- Yes, in the future.

Parts not required- Mouse and keyboard

I'll be using this rig mostly for gaming (D3, Skyrim, Battlefield etc.) surfing the net and music. This will be my first build and i was hoping to get as much gaming performance available for the money i'm spending on it (hope that made any sense). I also want to know if the power supply will be enough as I will be adding another GPU in the future. I will also be running it on 2 monitors and be adding water cooling for the future. Again, I thank you for your time and any suggestions are welcome.
Well here's what I got so far.

Case- COOLERMASTER HAF-X HIGH AIR FLOW CASE (not included in the budget)

Sound Card- ASUS XONAR ROG PHOEBUS GAMING SOUND CARD (not included in the budget)

Headset/mic- Vulcan ANC (not included in the budget)

CPU- INTEL CORE I7 3770K IVY BRIDGE 3.50GHZ 8MB 77W LGA1155

MOBO- ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA INTEL Z77 LGA1155 DDR3 PCI-E3.0

GPU-EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0 (02G-P4-2670-KR)

RAM- MUSHKIN BLACKLINE FROSTBYTE 16GB (2X8GB) DDR3-1600 CL10 (997055)

SDD-OCZ AGILITY 3 120GB 2.5" SANDFORCE SSD SATA3

HDD-SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST2000DM001 2TB 64MB 6GB/S SATA3

DVD- LG CH12LS28 12X BLU-RAY COMBO

PSU-SEASONIC M12II 650W 80PLUS BRONZE POWER SUPPLY

Operating System- MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 OEM HOME PREMIUM 64BIT

Total $3070

Solution
I would get a 750Watt PSU instead other than that your build seems solid to me for what you want ROG themed build is not cheap. But, if it's just a top notch gaming rig you want than you could save quite a bit of money by going with a cheaper mobo also for gaming you don't need the i7 you want i5
I would get a 750Watt PSU instead other than that your build seems solid to me for what you want ROG themed build is not cheap. But, if it's just a top notch gaming rig you want than you could save quite a bit of money by going with a cheaper mobo also for gaming you don't need the i7 you want i5

Solution