What CPU/Motherboard should I get with a GTX 560?

Hi guys.
I recently have gotten in to a game called Planetside 2 which is very CPU intensive.
I currently have an A8-3800 Processor (2.4ghz) and am now looking at getting a new motherboard and CPU.

I've heard from quite a few people that intel is superior. Do you agree?
If so, is it worth shelling out the extra 50 bucks for a i5-3570K as opposed to a i5-3470? (I believe the latter can't be overclocked?)
How expensive a motherboard should I buy?

New question: How quickly do CPUs become outdated? How long would an i5-3570K be good for, a couple of years? If it is, I don't have a problem shelling out the extra money.
I could always upgrade the graphics card in a year and a half's time?
3 answers Last reply
More about what motherboard
  1. A8-3800 isn't really that bad. Are you sure it is the bottleneck and not the GTX 560?

What resolution and graphics quality are you trying to run?
  2. Poo. One reply =(.
    1920x1080
    I am ABSOLUTELY positive it's the CPU.
    The GTX 560 is actually pretty good. It's stock overclocked a few hz and according to futuremark it gets a score of 4000, which is WAY higher than the CPU score.
    Also, running 3D mark my physics score SUCKS.

Also, in Planetside 2 it directly tells me via the FPS counter that it's pretty much always the CPU holding me back.

Anyway, now my question is this: How quickly do CPUs become outdated? How long would an i5-3570K be good for, a couple of years? If it is, I don't have a problem shelling out the extra money.
    I could always upgrade the graphics card in a year and a half's time?
  3. the 3470 can be overclocked to 3.7 ghz on all 4 cores and 3.8 on 3 cores
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Intel i5