Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

4gb or 1gb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 7:28:44 AM

Depends on number of monitors and resolution. Also those aren't very good for games if that's what you do
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 7:36:38 AM

gt430 will NEVER use 4gb. ever. not ever.

1gb would be more than enough for either of those cards. neither is very powerful.

i do not understand why that 4gb card even exists.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 363 U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 7:39:33 AM

GT 440.

The GT 430 will not be able to use 4GB of VRAM and it's really too slow to consider for a multi-monitor gaming setup if that is the intent.
Score
0
May 2, 2012 9:11:40 AM

neon neophyte said:
gt430 will NEVER use 4gb. ever. not ever.

1gb would be more than enough for either of those cards. neither is very powerful.

i do not understand why that 4gb card even exists.


i don't know much about that but it's 4 gb check website:
http://www.inno3d.com/products/graphic_card/gf400/gt_43...
Score
0
May 2, 2012 9:12:55 AM

jaguarskx said:
GT 440.

The GT 430 will not be able to use 4GB of VRAM and it's really too slow to consider for a multi-monitor gaming setup if that is the intent.


that's mean 1 gb evga is best?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 9:32:15 AM

ilyas429 said:
i don't know much about that but it's 4 gb check website:
http://www.inno3d.com/products/graphic_card/gf400/gt_43...

Its just a marketing gimmick. The 4GB RAM will never be totally used. It will just sit there & what you pay for it comes to nothing.

ilyas429 said:
that's mean 1 gb evga is best?

Better compared to GT430? The answer is yes.
But not best. In fact the GT 440 is very weak graphics card very near (if not) at the bottom rung of the contemporary graphics card ladder.

If you will tell us what monitor resolution are you playing at, we can make suggestions for video card that is more appropriate for you.
Score
0
May 2, 2012 9:40:14 AM

randomkid said:
Its just a marketing gimmick. The 4GB RAM will never be totally used. It will just sit there & what you pay for it comes to nothing.


Better compared to GT430? The answer is yes.
But not best. In fact the GT 440 is very weak graphics card very near (if not) at the bottom rung of the contemporary graphics card ladder.

If you will tell us what monitor resolution are you playing at, we can make suggestions for video card that is more appropriate for you.


i have a AOC e2240vw 22" lcd and at resolution 1600 x 1024.
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 10:07:08 AM

And what is your budget?
Score
0
May 2, 2012 10:13:25 AM

Sunius said:
And what is your budget?


100$ or PKR 8000.inno3d cards are very cheap here due to china border.but i am confused about inno3d brand i never used this brand.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 10:19:18 AM

ilyas429 said:
i have a AOC e2240vw 22" lcd and at resolution 1600 x 1024.

This monitor actually have native 1920x1080 resolution. You should aim for a card that can give good fps for this.

Give us the link to the online store you are buying the card from so we can select whatever is best that is also available.
Score
0
May 2, 2012 10:21:46 AM

randomkid said:
Give us the link to the online store you are buying the card from so we can select whatever is best that is also available.


http://galaxy.pk/form022.html
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 10:29:39 AM

Get this:
HD 5750 128 Bits 512MB DDR5 700MHZ Y Y Y HIS H575FN512 Rs. 8000
http://galaxy.pk/form021.html

This graphics card is the same cost as the GT440 but more powerful. You can see in this chart. The higher it is in this chart, the more powerful it is.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
Share
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 12:17:48 PM

its useless for such a weak card, even 2gb would be useless for such a weak card. ull never get anything near decent fps with something using that much memory, so its pointless.
Score
0
May 2, 2012 1:13:30 PM

neon neophyte said:
its useless for such a weak card, even 2gb would be useless for such a weak card. ull never get anything near decent fps with something using that much memory, so its pointless.


thanks guys.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 2:27:02 PM

neon neophyte said:
its useless for such a weak card, even 2gb would be useless for such a weak card. ull never get anything near decent fps with something using that much memory, so its pointless.

Higher VRAM (video card ram ) is useful for very high resolution like 2560x1600 or triple monitor like 5760x1080. For single monitor like 1920x1080 then 1GB VRAM is more than enough.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 2:42:29 PM

Low end graphics cards with high amount of vram is like trying to saturate a dam outlet with a garden hose :) 
Score
0
May 2, 2012 4:02:42 PM

Best answer selected by ilyas429.
Score
0
May 2, 2012 4:04:22 PM

boju said:
Low end graphics cards with high amount of vram is like trying to saturate a dam outlet with a garden hose :) 


thanks you made my mind bright and clear about Vram.i thought vram is everything in graphic card...
Score
0
May 2, 2012 4:13:06 PM

randomkid said:
Higher VRAM (video card ram ) is useful for very high resolution like 2560x1600 or triple monitor like 5760x1080. For single monitor like 1920x1080 then 1GB VRAM is more than enough.


so i learn one new thing thanks to you.toms hard ware is interesting...
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2012 9:22:23 AM

You are welcome. Stick around... there is still a lot of fun things to learn... :) 
Score
0
a c 272 U Graphics card
May 3, 2012 12:21:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!