WTD Canon 550EX flash manual

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 2, 2005 7:16:33 PM

Hey, all.

I just bought a used 550EX flash, and will (d-uh) need a manual for it.

Any idea if Canon has them for download? I had a wee look on their
site, but have thus far struck out.

Thanks!

BD.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:38:56 PM

Sounds wise. I won't expect the manual to arrive for awhile, so there's
time.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:43:42 PM

Erf. I mean - I don't expect the FLASH to arrive for awhile, so there's
time.
Long day. ;)
August 2, 2005 10:52:22 PM

"BD" <bobby_dread@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey, all.
>
> I just bought a used 550EX flash, and will (d-uh) need a manual for it.
>

> Any idea if Canon has them for download? I had a wee look on their
> site, but have thus far struck out.

As of about a year ago, there wasn't a download. My wife had to call the
support lines and purchase a copy. I think it was about $10. About a week
after it arrived she found the original. ;-)

Personally, I like the copy better because its bound at the top like a flip
book as apposed to the traditional side binding. Makes flipping through the
book easier IMHO.

--

Rob
Anonymous

In article <1123020992.990250.88330@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
bobby_dread@hotmail.com says...
> Hey, all.
>
> I just bought a used 550EX flash, and will (d-uh) need a manual for it.
>

> Any idea if Canon has them for download? I had a wee look on their
> site, but have thus far struck out.
>
> Thanks!
>
> BD.

I'd e-mail them. They have basic info in the product archive, but no
link to materials.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird
Anonymous

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:
> "BD" <bobby_dread@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hey, all.
> >
> > I just bought a used 550EX flash, and will (d-uh) need a manual for it.
> >

> > Any idea if Canon has them for download? I had a wee look on their
> > site, but have thus far struck out.

You can download the English manual at Canon's Germany site.
http://www3.canon.de/pro/bda/fot/bli/

It's a self-extracting ZIP. If you're paranoid (and you should be of
all executables downloaded from the Net), you should be able to rename
it to a .ZIP file and use your favorite ZIP decompressor.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 4:36:37 PM

Thanks, I got it last night without issue. ;)
!