Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

560 build help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 2, 2012 12:04:38 PM

Hey people,

Now I'm looking at upgrading the whole rig to ivy bridge, Z77 ect at the same time, might even sell my entire rig and replace from the case up..
BUT the thing I'm most interested in is the graphics card, I'm quite mad at AMD at the moment so NVidia is my choice.
As far as power ect is concerned I'll deal with that after I have chosen my graphics set up and buy appropriately. I understand motherboard and GPU should be chosen relative to each other so any Z77 board that supports the best SLI set up will be my goal.

I am gaming mostly on a 60Hz 50" NeoPlasma with a 23" secondary both at 1080p, ideally able to run at the same time

So two questions: Would a pair of 560ti's be best value for money as they are currently dropping in price?
I'm eyeing off an Amazon purchase who mostly have EVGA so I'm looking at any of these:

560ti Superclocked 1024MB
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Superclocked-PCI-Exp...

560ti 2048MB
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Mini-HDMI-Graphics-0...

560ti 448 CUDA 1280MB
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Dual-DualLink-DisplayPort-Gr...

or would a GTX 570 or 580, the 680 is too expensive atm and out of the question, be a better option with possible SLI later?
ie:
570
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Mini-HDMI-Lifetime-Warranty-...

580
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Mini-HDMI-Lifetime-Warranty-...

I'd really appreciate your input, thanks

More about : 560 build

Best solution

May 2, 2012 12:34:50 PM
Share

I (and many others here) strongly recommend not buying two cards straight away, unless you are 100 percent sure you won't be upgrading in the future.

Yes you might get slightly more performance for the money now, but your upgrade potential is essentially destroyed. Being able to add a second card later when prices have dropped makes it MUCH easier to prolong the life of a system.

as for the card, why are you mad at amd?

right now, in that price point a 7850 would be the best value for money. If you really don't want to do that, then a 570 will perform similarly.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

40 bucks cheaper (after MIR) than the 570 you linked, plus ccomes with a free game. performance wise, equal to a 570 and overclocks a beast.
May 2, 2012 1:22:55 PM

Yeah good point, I should try get one right now and wait for a price drop, but I don't want to wait too long either :(  so maybe a 570/580 for now

As for amd I'm pretty pissed at my other rig with a 2500k and a 6970 that crashes constantly when gaming, so NVidia.

Yeah newegg has better prices but I'm in Australia so Amazon works for me
Related resources
May 2, 2012 1:58:31 PM

benstark said:
Yeah good point, I should try get one right now and wait for a price drop, but I don't want to wait too long either :(  so maybe a 570/580 for now

As for amd I'm pretty pissed at my other rig with a 2500k and a 6970 that crashes constantly when gaming, so NVidia.

Yeah newegg has better prices but I'm in Australia so Amazon works for me


sounds like an issue with a particular card.
obviously its up to you, but it sounds like an irrational decision. if AMD offer better performance at a lower price, its a no brainer.

but yeah, a 570 is well priced atm. if aus is anything like here in NZ, then 580s are still very overpriced. 570's do seem to have dropped in demand/cost since the 680 release though.

i would certainly stick with one card for now though. when the 670 launches, the 570 is bound to drop in price. then you can grab your second.
May 4, 2012 12:47:18 AM

yeah the 570 has just dropped on amazon to be cheaper than the 560ti 448CUDA so obviously the 570 would be the go
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Double-Graphics-012-...

i would like to get two so I can SLI straight away and not have to tinker in my box later but I guess my budget will be the next issue haha
May 4, 2012 12:47:41 AM

Best answer selected by benstark.
!