How do I remove date portion of clock display?

February 22, 2005 3:57:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

In the XP notification area (system tray) I can see the time and full
date when I enable "Show the clock".

For example: 04:55 saturday 02/02/2005

In the past I used to see only the time and not the date. I think
this was when my taskbar was just one 'layer' high. But now my
taskbar is two layers high.

Is it possible to remove the date part from the clock's display?
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:57:34 PM

when it's one line high i mean :)

Cheers,
Bogdan Costea
bogdan<at>bcostea.ro
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 5:07:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi Bill,

As far as I know if you expand the taskbar beyond one row the time auto
formats into the available space and will display the date.

Two possible solutions...

1: Replace the system clock with TClock.exe

2: Drag the taskbar onto the oposite edge, then create an extra taskbar by
dragging (for example) the quicklaunch bar onto your desktop then onto the
original edge. Then change the properties of the new taskbar to "Always on
top" and "Auto hide". Lastly drag the original taskbar back to where it was.
You'll end up with a single bar with just the clock but when you move your
pointer over it the second taskbar will appear... tada!

Andy

"Bill Woods" <woods_b@emercom.com> wrote in message
> In the XP notification area (system tray) I can see the time and full
> date when I enable "Show the clock".
>
> For example: 04:55 saturday 02/02/2005
>
> In the past I used to see only the time and not the date. I think
> this was when my taskbar was just one 'layer' high. But now my
> taskbar is two layers high.
>
> Is it possible to remove the date part from the clock's display?
February 22, 2005 5:07:48 PM

"Andrew Bailey" wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> As far as I know if you expand the taskbar beyond one row the time auto
> formats into the available space and will display the date.
>
> Two possible solutions...
>
> 1: Replace the system clock with TClock.exe
>
> 2: Drag the taskbar onto the oposite edge, then create an extra taskbar by
> dragging (for example) the quicklaunch bar onto your desktop then onto the
> original edge. Then change the properties of the new taskbar to "Always on
> top" and "Auto hide". Lastly drag the original taskbar back to where it was.
> You'll end up with a single bar with just the clock but when you move your
> pointer over it the second taskbar will appear... tada!
>
> Andy
>
> "Bill Woods" <woods_b@emercom.com> wrote in message
> > In the XP notification area (system tray) I can see the time and full
> > date when I enable "Show the clock".
> >
> > For example: 04:55 saturday 02/02/2005
> >
> > In the past I used to see only the time and not the date. I think
> > this was when my taskbar was just one 'layer' high. But now my
> > taskbar is two layers high.
> >
> > Is it possible to remove the date part from the clock's display?

Seems that other people just trey to confuse you.
The Microsoft Windows XP system tray clock DOES NOT support showing the
date, so you must have a little program installed somewhere that does that
for you. If you remove it you'll have your nice tray clock back again.

as for the 1 line/multiple lines taskbar just right click it, uncheck "Lock
the taskbar" and resize it.

Cheers,
Costea Bogdan
bogdan<at>bcostea.ro
http://www.bcostea.ro
November 28, 2012 9:21:04 AM

right click on taskbar.. than just check the check box "use small icons" wow... hip hip hurre.....:bounce
!