Barracuda ATA IV

G

do you guys plan on doing any reviews on the Barracuda ATA IV?

and does anybody know when this thing will start selling?

thanks!

-If only AOL sent their software on CDRWs-

FatBurger

Illustrious
I don't think there are many people on here that actually do reviews. Chris_Ludwig does, I believe. Don't know who else.

As for Tom, we don't have any say for him. He doesn't come around here.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

I know nothing about who will be doing reviews, but once it starts showing up at resellers I guess somewhere like Storage Review will do a piece on it since they have already shown interest in the drive.

As for when it will start selling, it is currently shipping to OEMs and *SHOULD* be avaliable to the general public sometime around the end of this month, or early next month. This is going off of what I was told when I called Seagate about release dates and pricing. The guy I spoke with estimated the 60gig drive would be around $250, maybe a bit more. Only time will tell. I know this will be the drive going in my new machine, it is pimpin' for sure :)

Tap

G

I guess this drive is up on Pricewatch as of the 13th. The 80gb version is selling for $194. I'm ordering mine as I type this, so I should have it early next week. I just hope my old 200mmx MB can actually support this thing...I doubt it :)

Just for reference, since this info isn't up on Seagate's website yet, here are the model numbers for all of the Barracuda IV drives.

15gb = ST315313A
20gb = ST320011A
30gb = ST330011A
40gb = ST340016A
60gb = ST360021A
80gb = ST380021A <---- I'm ordering this one :)

Tap<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Tap on 07/19/01 07:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

would anybody mind linking to a couple places that sell the 40 gigger? you can get the 60 and 80 gigger at www.mwave.com

-If only AOL sent their software on CDRWs-