Color schemes for XP

The color schemes for XP desktop are rather limited. Are there other free
schemes that are available?

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com

ColBlip wrote:
> The color schemes for XP desktop are rather limited. Are there other
> free schemes that are available?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ColBlip.
> E-mail: colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com

www.stardock.com
www.tgtsoft.com

on salads.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:NdJSd.42974$vI5.17064@fe06.highwinds-media.phx,
Miss Perspicacia Tick <noone@here.com> had this to say:

> www.stardock.com
> www.tgtsoft.com

Watch out for the ThemeXP site... Here's a link showing you why:

http://www.themexp.org/about_wrap.php

They seem to be involved with the makers of StyleXP (tgtsoft.com) and they
now have a number of "wrapped" themes. These files have adware (maybe even
spyware but I've never looked into that so wouldn't say that they are
because I simply do not know) embedded in them. IIRC there was a point in
time where people complained so they made them an optional component during
the installation but it's best that you be aware that they're there.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Hello, Miss!
You wrote on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:38:00 -0000:

Re: tgtsoft.com: Am I missing something here - it appears StyleXP required
and it is not free.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com

MPT> ColBlip wrote:
??>> The color schemes for XP desktop are rather limited. Are there other
??>> free schemes that are available?
??>>
??>> Thanks.
??>>
??>> ColBlip.
??>> E-mail: colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com

MPT> www.stardock.com
MPT> www.tgtsoft.com

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23Z89p0RGFHA.128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
ColBlip <colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com> had this to say:

> Hello, Miss!
> You wrote on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:38:00 -0000:
>
> Re: tgtsoft.com: Am I missing something here - it appears StyleXP
> required and it is not free.

I don't think that she said it was free. Beyond that, it's adware if you
download certain skins from their affiliate site. I don't know of a freeware
theme manager that's any good. Good software, much of it, requires that you
pay for it. Once there was a time when freeware was great but those days
seem to have gone for the most part. Try looking in this site for something
that suits your fancy if you'd like:

http://www.tucows.com/tet_installers_default.html

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Hello, Galen!
You wrote on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:32:03 -0500:

G> In news:%23Z89p0RGFHA.128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
G> ColBlip <colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com> had this to say:

G> I don't think that she said it was free. Beyond that, it's adware if you
G> download certain skins from their affiliate site. I don't know of a
G> freeware theme manager that's any good. Good software, much of it,
G> requires that you pay for it. Once there was a time when freeware was
G> great but those days seem to have gone for the most part. Try looking in
G> this site for something that suits your fancy if you'd like:

G> http://www.tucows.com/tet_installers_default.html

G> Galen

Thanks. Looks like I will just stay with the default stuff. I was only
interested in changing out for something more appealing and not to get into
creative mode.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23yr2e3VGFHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Colonel Blip <colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com> had this to say:

> Thanks. Looks like I will just stay with the default stuff. I was only
> interested in changing out for something more appealing and not to
> get into creative mode.

Don't dispair... Click on the link that takes you to here:

http://www.themexp.org

Look carefully at them... Watch out for the ones that have a red asterisk
next to them. Find one you want (or two or three) and import them. Extract
them. Put them in your themes folder. Then see if they're there in your drop
down menu from the Display Properties menu. It's worked in the past with
SOME of them. I'll upload a screenshot of my current configuration if you'd
like somewhere so that you can see what one looks like. It's just a matter
of importing them manually AND making sure to avoid the ones with the
installer with ads on them. There's surely some tutorials for this as well.
Browse around the site, I'm sure you'll find loads of info but again, be
aware that the ones marked with the asterisk (and that's not the only site
that you can download themes from I just don't know any others off the top
of my head) are full of ads.

You wrote on Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:29:50 -0500:

G> In news:%23yr2e3VGFHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
G> Colonel Blip <colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com> had this to say:

G> Don't dispair... Click on the link that takes you to here:

G> http://www.themexp.org

G> Look carefully at them... Watch out for the ones that have a red
G> asterisk next to them. Find one you want (or two or three) and import
G> them. Extract them. Put them in your themes folder. Then see if they're
G> there in your drop down menu from the Display Properties menu. It's
G> worked in the past with SOME of them. I'll upload a screenshot of my
G> current configuration if you'd like somewhere so that you can see what
G> one looks like. It's just a matter of importing them manually AND making
G> sure to avoid the ones with the installer with ads on them. There's
G> surely some tutorials for this as well. Browse around the site, I'm sure
G> you'll find loads of info but again, be aware that the ones marked with
G> the asterisk (and that's not the only site that you can download themes
G> from I just don't know any others off the top of my head) are full of

G> Galen

Will give it a try.
Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com

These are FREE:

go to this page and download number 3

you can also try number 1 if you like the classic themes

http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

Kenny

"ColBlip" <colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com> wrote in message
> The color schemes for XP desktop are rather limited. Are there other free
> schemes that are available?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ColBlip.
> E-mail: colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com

Hello, Kenny!
You wrote on Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:37:55 +0200:

KS> These are FREE:

KS> go to this page and download number 3

KS> you can also try number 1 if you like the classic themes

KS> http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

KS> Kenny

KS> "ColBlip" <colonel.blip@nospampleasebigfoot.com> wrote in message
??>> The color schemes for XP desktop are rather limited. Are there other

I'll take a look.