Sign in with
Your question

Best motherboard for i5 2500k & i5 3570k for gaming

Last response: in Systems
June 26, 2012 6:01:27 PM

Hello,

I just want to know the best motherboard for i5 2500k and i5 3570k ... No plans for SLI in future and will be OC upto 4.5 max if required.. also let me know which CPU to buy... will be playing games only....

Thanks in advance..
October 27, 2012 10:18:14 AM

If you plan to overclock, the i5 is a great choice. But the new Vishera AMD FXs (8350 etc...) are very, very overclockable. They also have great ocing motherboards, my favourite being the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX because it has brilliant cooling and overclocking support. This is only relevant if you plan on overclocking entirely, as the i5 will beat the FX in gaming. My suggestion would be FX for oc, i5 for gaming, and if you get the FX for oc, get the sabertooth. I haven't come to a conclusion yet about intel mobos but when I do I'll get back to you.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 227 V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 10:39:26 AM

If you're in the US the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a great deal as Newegg will give you 8GB of free RAM. The GA-Z77X-D3H is my other recommendation outside the US, as it's equally great (and cheap).

Sabertooth boards are overpriced; there's very little difference between them and a board $50+ cheaper.

m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2012 11:05:34 AM

To be fair, I agree. I have come to the conclusion that the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is an excellent choice, all round including overclocking and value for money.
The reason I like the Sabertooth is that it has many great features for instance CERAM!X.
The ASRock has crossfire and sli compatibility, but not so much as it's peers because it focuses on other aspects more sorely needed for the ambitious gaming overclocker. Also, who needs 3 discrete cards? Apparently the chips don't even support it properly.
m
l
October 27, 2012 4:38:43 PM

I agree with him , i5 is a great choice,
m
l
!