Sign in with
Your question

Computer Keeps Locking Up

Last response: in Systems
June 26, 2012 6:23:20 PM

The past month or so my computer keeps locking up. Basically everything will freeze and this loud clicking noise will blast through my speakers. The only way to fix it is to hard restart my computer. The only time it happens is when playing any video games, or even while installing them. I checked the temperatures and my gpu is maxing at 66C. Which is about normal. I took out some of my RAM and am currently not having any issues. Could this be that my power supply is not strong enough to run my build? Or would it be faulty RAM? I also do not have anything overclocked

My system build is:
Processor: Intel I-5 2500k Sandy Bridge
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
Memory: G Skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz 16gb
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD65
Boot Drive: Crucial M4 128g
PSU: Rosewill Hive 650w
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had this build for only 8 months, and have not had any issues until recently.

More about : computer locking

June 26, 2012 7:35:05 PM

The GTX 580 should work fine with that PSU. Since you are not having problems since you removed some RAM, it may be faulty RAM. Run memtest86 or use the windows memory diagnostic tool to test for memory errors. If it passes without issues let me know.
m
l
June 26, 2012 7:37:21 PM

wonder44 said:
The GTX 580 should work fine with that PSU. Since you are not having problems since you removed some RAM, it may be faulty RAM. Run memtest86 or use the windows memory diagnostic tool to test for memory errors. If it passes without issues let me know.

thanks for the suggestion. I will try it when i get home and see what it says.
m
l
Related resources
June 26, 2012 11:46:33 PM

I am having difficulties getting either of those to burn to a cd. Any other suggestions please?
m
l
June 27, 2012 6:17:56 AM

What do you mean by burning a CD? Did you run a memory (RAM) test??
m
l
!